View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 11:23 AM   #269
pinbw
MVP

pinbw's Arena

OVR: 0
Arrow Re: 2018/2019 XBOX 360 Roster Project (Darkjr4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by regularcat
So basically a data update without a ratings overhaul. Good to know.
Thanks for your efforts, they are appreciated.
Yes here are the Comparisons:
There are slight rating tweaks when it looks valid in jrriv4 roster. Xbox360 users are lucky in the number of choices to choose from:
1. Official Vikesfan--very fair ratings across the board so there is no bias for anyone's favorite team. (but some will still cry things are too low & sometimes a bit high; but this has been the primary source of the next 2 rosters; Vikesfan has created 99% of the background biodata/ratings which takes longer man hours than anyone can imagine; during the Fall months, they have been hard at work completing the last 25+ teams (mostly non power5 teams). So please have patience with them and check out the other 2 rosters if you cannot wait, & want to see more teams edited/done .)
**Usually Shared under PM Dubs or dericksun (but always check dates for latest updated file online).
Latest updated Official "Offline files" also available on Pg 1 of Vikesfan 2018-19 Thread.
I also sometimes post redirect links for an "Official" Main conversion to Xbox360 in the modded roster posts.

2. Jrriv4 Roster Project -- excellent fun roster from A Community Effort with reworked ratings, updated data, changed out players on many different teams. Some teams may have a completely unique creation different from Vikesfan so some players are different while others may have the same players-this is due to different sources & the timing when source data was taken eg.preseason magazines, web sites used in the preseason; Also non power 5 teams were updated earlier than Vikesfan but eventually Vikesfan caught up by end of the season (Nov and Dec).
**Usually Shared under Darkjr4
3. VikesfanMod roster = The "UNOFFICIAL" Vikefan Roster
**Usually Shared under OutrunFire0290
--This has been a Complex project using editor in combining Roster 1 & 2 into1. For every major update, I have to import only the missing teams, and make sure to keep & maintain the new official update. It takes many hours to do this but pays off for everyone to enjoy a more finished roster early. This will be done temporararily while the Main Vikesfan roster is a WIP construction.
--This is only a slight mod to a few Vikesfan's Official rosters eg. FL, Aub, LSU, South Carolina, TexA&M, ND, PSU, & temporarily TCU & Temple, & all of the extra non power 5 teams Jrriv4 does earlier I combine with Vikesfan's latest update, and my own jersey# fixes to a handful of teams & Updated Weekly AP Poll Rankings.
--When Vikesfan officially finishes each team not yet completed eg. the non power 5 teams, Fan Edits etc, I have been replacing them with the more complete official Vikesfan edits. So eventually by the end of the FALL football season, this roster will look more like the Main Vikesfan Official rosters-with only a few SEC teams maybe being a bit different along with a few fan requested changed teams eg. Notredame, PSU, and FL
--I created the Vikesfan Mod in hopes to stop the complainers who keep popping up on the Vikesfan thread about the file not being complete yet , or those who keep asking when is the estimated completion date. (My Answer to everyone's favorite question: Everyone was hoping soon in October. But it ended up being longer & perhaps a better end product, when it was eventually completed in late November & December; better since player transfers/injuries/disqualifications and new redshirt rules were being taken into account during this long wait of completion.)
--I also port this Vikesfan mod to PS3 & NCAA 13 people. This Mod has taken a large amount of time updating each week, so cannot promise it will be this good every year...really depends on everyone's daily life responsibilities.

Last edited by pinbw; 01-03-2019 at 06:59 PM.