View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 05:17 AM   #281
TizziBoy
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I saw some really, really good CPU running last night with this setup. LeVeon lit me up for 120+ (as a team, Steelers had 160+ yards). Also played against Gio Bernard and he was on-pace for 100+ (around 65 at halftime). There are still moments where you want to yell at the AI (EA is working on it...not an easy fix per Clint), but it is quite solid overall.

I want to give this a long burn; I'm not going to go crazy with tweaking things this year. The base makes sense to me and felt pretty good overall with no roster editing.

ok Josh, here's my feedback: I drove my Bengals to the 2021 playoffs. I have strong defense, much stronger then the OVr says, a young talented strong arm QB, an excellent young OL, Mixon is becoming a top HB and AJ Green is still a threat.

- wild card vs the Jets: they have Bradford as QB, leaving Darnold in the bench after a 2020 so and so. Poor running backs and poor OL resulted in 2,8 YPC. Result: I blew them out as expected.

- division vs. Texans: they have a rookie QB after Watson went to the Colts. He's a balanced QB who did great in the regular season, but played pretty much as a rookie. The running game was so and so, 3,8 YPC including Qb, under a decent OL for M19 standards (that are extremely low). Easy win.

- championship vs. jags: unfortunately for them Fournette got injuried first period. They could still run for 4,5 YPC including a couple of 15+ from Bortles. I really disliked the fact they were still running every second play in the third down 3 scores: much better then previous Madden versions, but still poor clock management from the CPU.

- superbowl vs. Giants. Now Barkley is 98 OVR and can do pretty much everything. Giants also had a big young QB 90+ OVR in all archetypes with excellent receiving weapons.
Barkley ran 5,2 YPC with a monster td run of 15 YDS breaking like 4 tackles and avoiding another couple of dmen. it wasn't enough as the QB didn't perform well.

Now, the problem with whole the thing are my INTs: 15 in the playoffs, only 2 user. INTs and sacks are traditionally unrealistic in Madden by design, you can see it from the goals the DBs have: 7 INTs per season per DB makes no sense.
But this year is much worse as I wrote before because they introduced new animations: I don't want WR DBs.

Luckily I remembered to create a savepoint beginning of the playoffs, so I can replay exactly the same games anytime.
I know you won't agree, but I'm gonna try a 30 INT on user as honestly this way is really not funny and I don't wanna build a poor secondary just because I'm afraid of picking the QB too often... In the end we should still have fun, shouldn't we? :-)

Oh... the game was obviously better before patch

lol
Advertisements - Register to remove