Rmiok222
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
[emoji974] Slider Update Log

8/23/18 - Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the feedback. I feel like I got somewhere last night, but unfortunately, ran out of time. I worked exclusively on All-Madden since it is a bit more volatile than All-Pro. It's like the realism that All-Madden had pre-patch just became the All-Madden of old. It's back to nerfing your own players to improve the % of an occurrence. Whether that be completion, missed tackle, missed interception, etc.

The main culprit is the RoboQB, but that is just a byproduct of the separation between defender and receiver, and the lack of pressure on the QB. Initially, I thought a threshold change would be in order, but I modified multiple values including threshold, and there was no difference. I then imported V10.5 values and it seemed to return back to an acceptable level.

The value that seemed to make the most difference here was Fatigue. Where I thought that it was on that the fatigue at 50 was going to allow the game to be more about gradual fatigue, it started to show that it was more so about fatigue during the actual play at hand. This is why the linebackers, the defensive backs, they started jogging in covering routes and/or chasing down the ball carrier. The defensive line would try all the swim moves in the world, but stop very quickly, leaving the outside LBs (if blitzing) to take on the OL. With all this time for the QB, the receiver just had to make one cut in a route and be gone.

So, my initial thoughts are, for Version12, I'm going to address:

- Fatigue: will most likely drop this back down to 49. Arbitrary, yes, but effective. Where I thought we could use 50 as the base, it isn't going to work. A set is only as good as its base, and 50 fatigue just isn't going to fly.

- RoboQB: could be an extreme value here at the QBA spot. Lower obviously. On All-Madden, this does not seem to be the aggression value it was pre-patch. I've had it as low as 1 and as high as 65, does not seem to make a difference other than accuracy.

- Pass Rush: A couple values can contribute to this. Fatigue definitely helps. A note on Pass Blocking value as well: this definitely helps, but it also hurts and even promotes "bonehead" blocking by the OL. So I'm treading carefully, and is the reason why I'm not quite ready to say Version 12 is ready yet.

- Pass coverage: Yes, if pressure is placed on the QB, it helps, but the coverage also has to be improved a bit for the user. The issue I've seen with it being too tight though is the coverage sacks don't look quite right - especially when the QB just stands there.

- CPU Run game: Safe to say that 50 RBL is not working, at least not paired with a TAK of 50. So that value will also, possibly, go lower. Delicate balance though in getting the angle of tackles + no warping + unrealistic broken tackles. One positive though is that this update improved the effectiveness of the tackle value relative to the pursuit angle. Before the angle of pursuit was always spot on, regardless of TAK value, but now lowering it does reduce the accuracy of pursuit. Nice to see.

So, got some work to do. Don't want to rush it as Version 11 feedback has been important, but at the same time, I do not want to keep playing the game in this state. Will be back at it later this afternoon. Thanks again, everyone.

Thanks for all your work Matt. If I’m reading this right you’re saying post patch cpu QB acc has nothing to do with QB aggression now?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports