View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 02:52 PM   #7
Armor and Sword
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What New Strategies Are You Using in Madden NFL 19?

So it is pretty awesome this cycle. Really diving into real football strategy with using my entire playbook.

I think the most important aspect I am employing is my sequence of play calling, the scripting of drives depending on field position, score and time left. I love that you need to really recognize coverage's better vs the CPU. It is vastly improved from previous versions of Madden. The CPU also is actually adapting to your play calling on both sides of the ball. Something I have been waiting for....for like forever.

Making your progression reads quickly is critical this year. You really don't have enough time to just sit back and read a novel. Blocking audibles, ID' the Mike and hot routes are vital to success this year. Using your safety valve is also huge. Dump offs are more frequent on Madden 19 (and I am very cool with that). Stepping up in the pocket, using your feet and also taking a sack are better than throwing an ill advised pass into a tight window. The secondary play is far better. Post patch I am having the best Madden experience I have ever had on the console.

The running game is a thing of beauty. Highly rewarding and far more realistic. Gone are the days of ice skating running backs you can cut on a dime. Momentum is real. The difference between a big back and scat back is crystal clear. RPM has been a huge game changer. Seeing the hole is crucial. Also knowing when it is simply not there is critical. Don't try and bounce out side....swallow your pride and just slam it into the line if the defense has your play snuffed out....better to gain a yard or 2 than lose 4-5.

Screens are far more strategic now than every before. The CPU will snuff them out in obvious situations. I am having success when I catch the defense by surprise.

The deep ball is highly earned and highly rewarding. Gone are the days of just chucking it up with high success rates. If you see that one on one matchup you like......audible or hot route that WR and go for it. You get maybe 1-2 shots a game.

With the new schemes and archetypes I have house ruled not to change it to manipulate the system. I am now drafting and signing free agents with scheme and archetypes as the primary driver first so I can maximize XP and development.

Really happy with Madden 19 in comparison with the last two efforts (17 and 18). It is actually night and day.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23