Old 08-25-2018, 04:27 PM   #41
GrayDawg
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Over the top Franchise player regression

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
I agree. However this isn't real life. It's a game. They have to work withing the constructs of said game. Everybody want's this perfect realistic regression. In reality it's 1's and 0's guys. Said player (probably gets some kind of die role to determine) needs to regress by 3 Ovr. The game then will drop attributes to achieve this outcome. Attributes are weighted differently by position. Physical one's are usually pretty heavily weighted. People don't like seeing those ratings drop every single year. So now intangible ratings must drop as well to bring overall down. They are usually weighted less heavy. Hence big drops in SPC, Stiff Arm, BCV, Juke, Elusive, Pursuit, etc. It's all a numbers and coding game guys. When you look at it like this everything makes sense.
I don't disagree with you as it is the system we have. I am criticizing the system overall. The idea here is to rework the ratings system so we can have a realistic ratings and regression. I don't even need the overall since I evaluate players on gameplay. Obviously this is something that will take time. Just as we have moved forward in gameplay we also need to move forward in other areas to provide a more realistic experience.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove