View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 05:26 PM   #1
picker19
Pro

OVR: 1
Questions for Coach Mode Players Still on M16 or M17

This post will probably be only relevant to a handful of people, since coach mode players are a rare breed AND I'm only looking for feedback on M16 and M17. But I'm hopeful there are still of a few of you out there!

Anyway, I have had three burning questions that I would love to get feedback and/or additional observations. I still only play M16 (because it's the last game that still gives me a consistent challenge on default AP and plays well overall) and M17. The first question pertains to both games, while the 2nd and 3rd are only applicable to M17. Here goes...

1. Player Traits
As you know, the CPU does not purchase player traits for CPU-generated players in all the drafts. So that beast of a DE will never have Spin or Bull Rush moves nor the top WR ever have Aggressive Catch, etc. So I've always wondered...does it matter? I think it does, especially for Coach Mode players, since I've only seen CPU-controlled players with Strip Ball trait, for instance, actually go for the strip. But does a DL without any pass rush traits ever get by a pass block and sack the QB? Overall, A) I'm curious if it's worth spending all the XP to get these traits as a player; and B) does it eventually make the CPU suck over time, if after several years, there are more CPU-generated players and they have no traits.

2. Game Play Change after Year 1
I have heard others say the same thing that I've seen before...that it seems in Year 2, the game play changes, usually in favor of the USER, for M17. I'll give an example. In M17 I recently started a CFM with the Panthers. Had a great experience in Year 1 and ended 9-7...nice challenging games and great stats. Year 2 comes and suddenly Newton is averaging 80-90% completion, CPU can't run at all, and the defensive plays are gone for both sides (HUGE decrease in INTs, sacks, fumbles, etc.). I did the same thing with the Jets. First season they sucked, then season 2, Gino is throwing like Brady, averaging 80%+ over the first 5 games, for instance so I quit in disgust. Has anyone else seen a dramatic difference in game play between Years 1 and 2 or other years?

3. M17 Player Editing Changes Game Play?
It sounds crazy but I swear I'm not imagining it any more...has anyone started a CFM in M17 and then at some point edited some players, and suddenly the game play is different? At first I thought it was just an outlier, but as I studied it, I noticed that if I edited players attributes (up or down) or traits, the game play changed. I wish I could tell you EXACTLY how it was different...but it only seems overall to favor the USER (even if I favorably edit CPU players). I'll give an example. I was playing as the Packers and I got one of those silly Player Regression notes (loses AWR for not carrying the ball more than 4 YPC). So I upped the AWR back to its original score. Suddenly the game play changed in that my team went from having challenging games to being unstoppable. I have tried different ways to edit players, and not matter what, the same outcome. Even after a draft if I edit players' traits across the league (see question #1), the game is different. I know this one might sound crazy, but I sincerely believe editing players changes things, but I can't point to specific effects. Which is why I'm asking if anyone else has seen this or maybe I am just going crazy!

Thanks in advance for any help. We coach mode players have to stick together!
Advertisements - Register to remove