View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 08:34 AM   #6
BaselineBakes
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Golf Club 2019 Impressions Thread

I’ll post this here as well from last night -

I can see myself spending a lot of time with this game. I was a casual fan of the first two and not very good at either, the game just felt off to me and just never held my attention. I’m a huge golf fan and there was a big golf video game hole in my life. This one feels like a much more polished version of TGC2.

The iron, wedge, chip, flop, pitch shots feel more weighted, like an actual club. The driver still feels weird and floaty to me when swinging. Hard to explain just a feeling.

I played TPC Sawgrass at dusk from the blacks with the middle clubs (pro). I seemingly hit every fairway but got a little hooky with my irons and then took a sleepy 9 on the 18th after dunking two in the water for a +3, 75.

Little things I really like - the flying divots are sick, the menu is clean and not clunky, and the putting feels miles better.

The previous versions felt like you were putting on glass sometimes, it annoyed me to no end. This one feels like your rolling the ball on grass and that it will actually come to a stop if you miss it.

Overall, really happy after just one round. Can’t wait to play more and dive into career mode tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk