View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 11:42 AM   #1037
chunt04
Pro

chunt04's Arena

OVR: 4
Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Just played a really nice game with the newest version.

49ers - Me
Panthers - CPU

Score: 49ers - 32 Panthers - 17

Jimmy G - 312 yds, 2TD, 0 Int, 67%
Newton - 238 yds, 1 TD, 2 Int, 66%

McKinnon - 15 car, roughly 50 yds, 3.2 avg
McCaffrey - 16 car, roughly 50 yds, 3.2 avg

Funchess - 7 rec, 124yds, 1 TD
Goodwin - 4 rec, 83 yds, 1 TD

49ers - 4 sacks
Panthers - 6 sacks

All in all, everything felt incredibly solid. I am using the Chubbydub roster with IMac’s trait edits. The only change I made from OP was boosting CPU Rbk to 80 and Hum Rbk to 52 for more of a threat on the ground.

It was a defensive game throughout, both teams had trouble moving the DTs in the run game. That Panthers front 7 is no joke. Kuechly is a monster in pass coverage as well. I usually look for mismatches on linebackers, but their backers are very smart and solid in coverage. I saw some incredible pass break ups that looked very real, including an awesome inside leverage, bump and trail technique from Sherman. The Panthers tried to beat him deep with Funchess. He bumped, kept inside, and ran on the hip of wr. As the ball came in, despite Funchess having a step, Sherman was able to reach an arm up and deflect the pass. I must have watched that replay about 10 times lol.

Matt, these feel like the go to set. The only thing I may want is to open up the run game just a tad more. We all know the cpu has to have success running in order to stick with it and not get pass happy. The passing game felt spot on. I played QB from 7 years old through high school and passing has always come easy for me in video games, but I feel this is a great balance. You have to throw with anticipation on routes to be successful and this set shines in that area. Good fights between DB/WR too. Nicely done.

Which penalties did you manipulate for the run game previously? I don’t want to raise run block above 80, if the cpu run game needs to be improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

VT Grad '08

Last edited by chunt04; 08-28-2018 at 11:52 AM.