View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 04:38 AM   #461
TizziBoy
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
So guys, I've gotten a couple of pretty good ideas via PM from a couple of people in the last day or so. I had issues with all of them...BUT....I think that I can pool them together and piece together something a little different.

So, after going through my notes for the OP, these are my thoughts:
  • Penalties and fatigue are too low (par for the course for Madden)...nothing we can do there.
  • I wouldn't mind toning-down the injuries a tad bit; but it's darn near perfect "as is". I'll tune this for gameplay purposes only at this juncture....I'm perfectly good with 50.
  • I'd like to see a little more decisive and intelligent CPU QB play.
  • I'd like to see a little more give in the pass blocking
  • CPU and user run games are realistic based on the current day NFL. I do think though that the CPU run game efficacy is a bit too dependent on minimal user switching.

I think we can address the concerns without taking away too much from what we have. Stay tuned.

I had two full games with zero injuries (not even a short one), so for me in the long run injury frequency is ok at 50 MM 50 CFM 55 sim. It just takes a bit of attention before the game to check if the CPU has problems. You were right, TBD cpu injuries disappear end of game.

I will start a brand new franchise, probably with the Bears, as my Bengals team is overpowered (I suggest to create a thread specific about progression...).

CPU run for me is ok with 200 XP slider for all OLs. OL ratings are crappy compared to DLs. The problem is playcalling: the cpu calls runs unrelated to its HB skills, like ISO and INs with elusive backs.

CPU qb is really complicated this year. Each QB has many ratings effecting the gameplay. I like variety, but I admit in general defending the pass it's far too easy despite the fact finally user lurks require timing and ratings.
I agree: the QB stuck to a specific receiver is too frequent, they don't go through progression enough.
But I'll take the Bears because I want to play frequently vs Rodgers and Cousins.

I don't see problems in pass protection honestly, it's really rating-based, very realistic.

UPDATE:

Played first game vs Packers: Rodgers threw 3 picks in the first quarter... restarted. Second game he threw 16/36, one int, 143 yds.

Yes, I'm afraid we have a QB problem. Seems like he does not see open receivers, he also got 4 coverage sacks.

Last edited by TizziBoy; 08-30-2018 at 02:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove