View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 04:59 PM   #5
ab541
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Improvements to finishing system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
Yeah I feel the finishes to fights in EA UFC 3 really left a lot to be desired since the beginning. They've improved them quite a bit, but honestly they still need a good amount of work in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
Heavily physics-based hit reactions and multiple choices for strikes are the two big ones for me. Those two alone would vary the finishes exponentially from where they are now.
Yeah they really do need them in this game and I fully agree with you. It’s strange because GPD replied to me and said that RPM tech has nothing to do with ragdoll physics, so for whatever other reason they went for a more set animation based approach toning the physics way down.

Look at the two examples I have given below from UD3. I mean man those are some beautiful free flowing physics based finishes where all the impacts are being followed through excellently as I tried to highlight in my list.

I wish the game currently had this physics based approach because the EA UFC 3 striking system is way less robotic than UD3, but it’s just unfortunate the finishes are as robotic and contrived as you can get. Talk about falling just short of the mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Cool_Ice
This is all good stuff, dude. Sadly, I don’t know how much of this will be addressed for UFC 3.

My hats off to the dev team for all their post-release improvements. Overall, a much better game. But yeah, the finishes are easily one of the worst parts of the game. I agree with Reinfarcements, that we need more physics-driven interactions to add variety and dynamism to the finishes. Hopefully for UFC 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Yep , although I hope at least some attempt is made to improve the tracking and physics as it’s really awful at the moment. The devs have definitely done a great job with patching everything else so far and they are the best developers I have ever seen in terms of interaction and applying changes based directly off that feedback.

However I’m here to be critical when need be and the truth is a game that came out 6 years ago puts it to complete and utter shame when it comes to the overall KO’s/TKO approach which for many is the biggest draw. One thing EA UFC 3 does better than UD3 is that it has a much better ref interaction animations, but apart from that I can’t list anymore in terms of the finishes.

So really I guess now the devs can agree and do nothing or refute the evidence by claiming recycled set animation based KO’s are better. But the truth essentially all of us want this area improved even if it’s by some small margin. After countless yet excellent threads and polls showing overwhelming support in favour of improving this area, it really cannot be ignored for much longer because there is high demand. Like everyone else who dropped money on this game i personally dont want to have to wait another 2 years for the next iteration, just for this area to be worked on.

I'm trying to stay optmistic for now, hence making this thread, but like you said i am also fully prepared for nothing being changed in this area until UFC 4 which sucks but what can we do i suppose.

Thanks & Regards
AB541

Last edited by ab541; 09-03-2018 at 05:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove