View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 03:22 PM   #40
JayhawkerStL
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
The problem I've had with Madden and NHL in the past is I thought I was searching for true sim, but it turns out I just wanted to have a fun game that had realistic game play.

Madden is a breath of fresh air for me this year, I'm having a blast playing it, even if it means I'm near the top in rushing defense because the CPU does have difficulty at times, running the ball on me (they did get 80+ yards against me with a backup RB last game).

NHL brings back the fun in the actual game play and it's been enjoyable so far. It's so much better with skating and hitting that I've already deleted NHL 18 off my xbox. The new skating opens up more of the game, CPU AI, player AI and game flow as well as having to play smart positional defense. Each game I've played has been a loose and fun game of hockey.

I absolutely want more out of the franchise mode, better presentation/commentary, etc.. but to me it seems like they spent a great deal of time this year on skating and hitting and it's fantastic. A "gamechanger" if I can use that cliche.
You want to really blow your mind? Last night, after playing some HUT, I decided to do some Play Now on Arcade, default everything. It's fast, fun, and still strategic. And yes, the new skating helps.

I know many will not want to play with big hits and such fast play, but for vegging out after a long day, it's damn near perfect. but for me, hockey has always been the sport I needed sim from the least. It's the sport I followed the least growing up, but still loved all those old console hockey games.

It feels like, to me, that they may have gotten close to actually making three styles distinct enough to make everyone happy? I'll probably play on all three modes this year, depending on mood.