Old 09-06-2018, 06:25 PM   #28
aholbert32
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Buff Dan Hooker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticJack541
Agreed, take Conor and Nate for example. Both fights were very competitive in the striking department, but the stats would suggest Conor is a league above Nate. Conor has some serious inflated stats. He has five different stats that are 95+ in the striking department which is absolutey insane. Maybe it's just me, but I don't really like fighters stats to exceed 95 in almost any category, to me it just feels a little super human and something you would see on a CAF.

Not to mention in competitive play it really limits options. If I run into a good Whittaker player, or Romero player with Kelvin Gastelum, i'm pretty much f*cksville. I would like to see the stats be a little closer between the top 10 of each division, and not have fighters stats being blown up into the high 90's or have them be really low like 84 and below unless they really deserve it.

For example I think Conors striking stats should be maxed out at 93, except for accuracy which I think should be 95, and switch stance which should be 89. Or Demian Maia having 95 sub offence.

I guess I would categorize these as "stand out" stats. Only a few people should get stand out stats whether they are low, or high, for example Conors accuracy, Maias sub offence, Overeems chin, Hunt or Ngannous power, Wonderboys footwork.
To end this ramble I guess all i'm saying is that most top 10 fighters should fall inbetween 88-93 in any given stat, and should only go above or below that window if really deserved and I feel like it should be pretty rare and would give those fighters a slight advantage, but not anything insane.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Operation Sports mobile app
I'd argue that most already do. Especially if they are in the top 5.