View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 11:53 PM   #50
brandon27
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

You know, the beta didn't do much for me. Mainly because I'm an offline player.

However, I got two games in on the EA Access preview last night, and I've got to say... I'm actually pretty impressed.

I thought the skating was nice, fairly balanced for both teams, me and the CPU which isn't normal for this series. So that's a good thing IMO.

Poke checks, loose pucks, hitting... whether big shots, or just pushes and shoves in close felt good, looked good. Goaltending looked better. It just felt like a good game of hockey
For the record, was playing on Sim mode, and at pro difficulty. Ithought it played really well. There weren't alot of the frustrating things I've typically seen showing up. For example, I didnt see CPU skaters not being subjected to the same limitations while skating that my players were. That to me, right there is huge.

The downside? No roster sharing. Every teams offense/defense/goaltending is essentially either above 90, or barely below it. That's just... bad to me.

I haven't bought yet... I was planning on waiting, but I was actually pleasantly surprised. Mind you, it was only two games.