View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 04:37 AM   #54
TheBuddyHobbs
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

I've seen some people (maybe not in this particular thread) actually say it's the same game as always. That absolutely blows my mind completely. Honestly, if you changed the score overlay you would question if EA actually made this game. EA has failed miserably this generation. Year after year they touted new features that weren't game changers at all. All hype as usual.

This year? A completely brand new game. This is not the EA NHL we know and that's a great thing. The leap in just one year truly amazes me. I still can't believe it. The physics, puck physics (acting as it's own object), collisions, hits, boardplay, penalty calls, and skating are all working as or actually better than advertised. Goalies need some work, but they are the best they've been on this generation.

The game isn't the same at all. It's not at all NHL 18.5 or just a roster update. It's so much more. Anyone who says it's the same as all the other EA NHL games must not have played the same game I did. I just don't understand. This game has taken a huge leap especially, in just one cycle. This isn't NHL 18.5 or a roster update. This is NHL 19 and it stands alone.

Last edited by TheBuddyHobbs; 09-07-2018 at 03:11 PM.