View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 08:00 AM   #1
BQ32
Pro

OVR: 0
Can no longer speed boost at 86 Ball Control

I tried a number of players that have an 86 ball control such as Lebron James and Kevin Durant and can confirm that you no longer have access those momentum cross overs and combos.

I am glad I found this out last night and want to get the word out or 2k is going to P!$$ a lot of people off. I almost dumped my vc into a build last night but decided to try out players with similar stats to see how they moved first. I don't know why they send out those tweets and charts and have them be false or a lie that misleads the player base. Also Durant had access to those animations in the Demo but does not have them in the final game. This is irritating to me as now it has ruined my incentive to create the shot creating build over my sharp shooting build.

You can probably speed boost in takeover mode but that is such a small percentage of the time playing I would not recommend picking a character for only what they can do in takeover.

Edit**
I am getting reports that players on the PS4 that just meet the 86 ball control threshold can utilize these dribble animations, but as I have tested thoroughly on the Xbox One X it is not possible so there is inconsistencies between the consoles. This definitely needs to be looked into. If you are an Xbox player building a myplayer that wants access to these animations be wary of a build under 90 ball control.

Update**

Tested again after patch 4 and the issue has not been corrected. This is very frustrating to those of us who have spent time and money on builds based on the charts 2K released, or those that play on Xbox and want to have the same experience as those on the PS4.

Last edited by BQ32; 10-15-2018 at 10:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove