View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 02:54 PM   #534
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
I've been able to get in a few games with a couple of different match ups. The setup has been exactly as posted by JoshC.

For the most part gameplay has been real good. The CPU run game continues to be an issue. I have yet to see the CPU average more then 3.0 ypc, even when I play a strong OL team against a weak DL team. I've been able, for the most part, to average in the 3.0-4.0 ypc range. A lot of the issue has to do with the backside defender being left unblocked and running the ball carrier down before he can hit the hole. This is likely a programming issue and not something we can fix. Otherwise OL/DL interaction has been okay. Still too many TFL and instant sheds when a runner gets near a DL.

An area I've really focused on is the WR/DB interaction, especially the reactions of DBs when a receiver makes a cut. For the most part this has been very good. At times coverage has been excellent. One issue, however, is there have been times where a receiver will make a cut and the DB will pause/stop before reacting. This leads to tremendous separation and an easy completion. It happens to both the CPU and HUM. It doesn't happen on every play and I've seen it happen more then once on the same play to 2 different defenders (occasionally happens to a LB in coverage).

Can the fatigue slider or substitution sliders help with this?
Thanks for the feedback!

The WR/DB separation issue is the one I noticed with the split-speed setup. Now, it was WAY worse with a lower injury slider. At 50 CFM injury it was almost ridiculously good; and you're back to running into the deluge of injuries. It's a real dicey balance. The question isn't just how often you see it, but the player ratings involved (such as MCV, AGI, etc.).

The run game stuff....honestly, it's too hard to diagnose it without full game vids. Many players rush more than 4 FAR too often than is realistic. I'd say 2/3 of my play calls are base 4 man rushes (right in-line with NFL average of 65% of plays being 4-man pressure calls). Some people try to control too many guys. Some people hit stick everything. Heck, most people have very overstated expectations of what run game numbers should look like. Point is....the CPU run game is always a point of contention every year....I do see a difference though between good and bad run games....that is a good starting point and I refuse to adjust things where a mediocre line gets a push just for the sake of "challenge".

Hoping I can get a little play time in this weekend between other activities