View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 10:05 PM   #7
voodoo_magic
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: WWE 2K19 Universe Mode

Short on time or find universe to be a grind?

If you're running multiple shows I always found it to be a bit boring and very time consuming trying to play most of the matches.
You beat a wrestler one week and the next week you're beating the wrestler you just played as.

I recently tried universe with something of a my player feel. You run the universe normally but you only play the matches of the wrestler you are controlling right now.
So for example you are Kevin Owens going after the US belt. You let the game set up the matches normally and wrestle if scheduled. After 1 or 2 months (game time) you have hopefully made your way into the title picture. If not maybe a switch to someone new, since we want to avoid the process being boring and controlling the same wrestler for 6 months without getting a title shot could be.
Later on after you have lost the title you choose another wrestler going for a different belt.

If you choose a couple different wrestlers going for different belts from each show your universe will move fairly quickly.
This makes every match you play more meaningful as you try to work your way up the rankings to get into the title picture.
Can you hold a belt on each show or maybe the WWE and Universal champ at the same time?
Can you take one of the lowest ranked guys to the top and win the US belt?

PPV's might be the one time where you control other wrestlers since those are always more meaningful matches.