View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 02:50 AM   #29
terrycurran62
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Sliders for Quick Gameplay (6-8 Min Halves)

These are my final sliders on wc level on ps4 pro at fast speed. This site needs to recognise that the sliders on ps4 and pc work entirely differently. Match length is 6m each way.
I gave on pc career mode a few months ago because the gameplay and ai is broken. The pc career mode is scripted to the point of totally ruining the game. EA as usual refused to fix the severe ai coding errors on pc. Usinf frosty they are plain to see. I did patch them and correct them but every ea updated the game they restored the broken ai and all scripting, so i gave up on pc
On ps4 the game is totally different and stunning. I only play career mode. Nothing else in fifa interests me.
I wanted a very hard, fast open attacking game. So here are my final sliders. These made the game very hard.
Heres some of my rationale behind them. Don't forget no0ne really knows how the sliders all interact. Much of the tinkering is hit and miss until you find what you likke
One constant is that the goalie slider is irrelevent. I have tried it at 1 and 100 and it makes no difference they play the same whatever the slider is and how the game is scripted.

I have cpu shot power so high because i was sick of the cpu being through and just tapping the ball wide etc. I have tried with some success to fdorce the cpu the whack the ball. Of course, one reason it won't do that is scripting. This why I have cpu shot error so low. At 50 it never scored. At 33 it scores more goals it should score. Some of the misses at 50 are rediculous. I like an open attacking game, hence the high rf. Without that the game is so boring.
My marking rationale is that my sliders create just enough space to have time to play the ball if you are good enough. At wc level you still get closed down very quickly.
Game speed is set to fast. I cannot cope with a slow game. I suspect many do it just to create time for silly trick moves etc. I have no time for those either in real life or in the game itself. I will say that on fast speed that 52/50 may be slightly too fast. A slow game has me screaming with frustration.
I found fifa 17 on pc to be outstanding. Fifa 18 is dreadful on pc. Lets see what 19 brings. I have premium so will be trying 19 on pc later today. If its a broken game again then i will buy the ps4 version.
I play wc level as its harder than legendary. On 19 i shall play on extreme and see how it goes.
With these settings below, the game is very hard.
I never play as top English teams like Man City etc as its not a challenge for me. My last season on ps4 was with Newcastle and the game was very hard with these settings. They do give plenty of goals and attack.
Sprint Speed - 52/50
Acceleration - 52/50
Shot Error - 50/33
Pass Error - 50/50
Shot Speed - 57/65
Pass Speed - 50/50
Injury Frequency - 50/50
Injury Severity - 50/50
GK Ability - 50/35
Marking - 55/48
Run Frequency - 65/68
Height - 60/60
Length - 50/48
Width - 50/50
FB Positioning - 60/58
FT Control - 55/55
Its impossible to create a real game with fifa. One reason is ea interference with match fixing. However the main reason is that no two teams play the same way. English football is very different to European. Within the english game every league has different gameplay.
And above all, its a video game. That means that reality does't exist in them.
Thankfully
These sliders are for ps4. The pc game will not play the same way with these sliders.