Old 09-25-2018, 05:27 PM   #24
georgiafan
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K19 - Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Depends on the fit of Dedmon, as he's the most important piece in that equation. Plumless and Turner's deals are trash, so they cancel one another out, though Turner's is a worse deal for a marginally better player.

Dedmon, however, is the best player there. If he's being brought in to be a valuable sixth-man/backup, than a future lottery protected first is fair IF the Blazers (or whatever team) is in the playoffs/in the hunt for it (hunt being within a 3 game winning streak of getting there or a small margin like that).
gotcha just trying to get some general overview thoughts on some possible trades. I'll post a few other examples

Lets say I package Lin (78 ovr) & Dedman (77 ovr) together as both players in the final year of their contracts. I would take on a bad contract for someone that has this year and next like Noah, Ryan Anderson, Evan Turner, Brandon Knight etc. I would think getting a 1st round pick would be fair right with some protections on it ? You don't have to go over those players specifically just looking for the big picture thoughts.

I assume the taking on one bad year of salary is worth a 1st round pick still applies as long as it helps the team avoid luxury tax or free up enough cap to sign a FA.