View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 10:42 AM   #34
Majingir

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Official 2018-19 Season Talk Thread

Sucks to see it happen, but Leafs waived McElhinney/Pickard. And dealt Carrick for a 7th. So many times you see guys traded, even for a mid-round pick. Leafs losing 1-2 goalies for nothing. Both have legitimate cases for being on the NHL roster. I'd be more surprised if both clear waivers than both getting claimed.

McElhnney was big as a backup. I think he had highest SV% of all goalies last year who played 10+ games or something. Hopefully Sparks can do well as a backup because Leafs need him to be, and hopefully he does well enough that they can have Andersen play less than 65 games (in other words, he gets more games off than just the 1st or 2nd of a back to back)

Habs named Weber captain. To think, they could've still been a good team. All they had to do was accept PK. If management liked Subban, none of what has happened the past 2 years would be happening. Instead, they deal Subban, fell apart, then dealt abunch of other guys including their captain, and named the guy they got in the Subban deal (that the Habs lost) as captain. All while having the best goalie in the league being wasted away while he's being paid a crazy amount.

And EA Sports prediction:

Preds-Sharks in WCF(which I agree with) but a shocker Jackets-Leafs in ECF. Not just that, but Boston beats Tampa in RD1, and Sabres get a WC spot (Leafs-Sabres would be a fun match...except Leafs struggle vs Buffalo for whatever reason). Leafs-Sharks would be an interesting match for the league. And Marleau playing in the cup finals against his old friends.

Last edited by Majingir; 10-01-2018 at 06:40 PM.