View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 12:13 PM   #5
AydinDubstep
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Notorious Edition Available For a Limited Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
They just patched this game to oblivion to where the CPU vs human experience is just terrible. Everybody AI fighter fights absolutely the same.
Any chance you could expand on this dude?

Which fighters are you going against on which difficulties?

I'm finding that the AI does vary depending on who I'm up against.

I play mostly Pro and Legendary.

A few examples off the top of my head:
Machida on Pro / Legendary is very patient and uses angles at distance, attacking in bursts with punches and kicks.
Thompson is very patient and likes to combo with kicks.
Gustafsson on Pro / Legendary is a rangey boxer with a lot of grappling thrown in. Loves to chain together punches.
Jon Jones tries to mix up his attacks high and low, without putting too much pressure on. Much easier to deal with than Gus.
Jimi Manuwa is a medium guy who likes to land big overhands.
Johnny Hendricks mainly looks to grapple with some boxing thrown in.
Diego Sanchez on Pro / Legendary is a swarmer, in your face boxer with high pressure.

So in my experience they do vary.

Where they are similar is their reaction to you getting rocked. I often can catch the AI coming in, when I'm rocked, with a head kick.

Sometimes certain sequences get predictable too. Say I have the guy on the cage in thai plum. I know a few body knees are going to rock him then he's going to hobble away holding his body.

Similarly, if I let him out of the thai clinch I know he's not going to attempt any sort of grappling.

In these situations, a player will probably present more unpredictable outcomes.

More examples, I stuff the takedown then am on top with them belly down. I know they'll likely try to stand up. If they do, then I know they'll likely try the same transition again later on. Sometimes they'll even use the same transition one after the other. Makes it easy to hold them in this position.

Other times, they'll attempt a takedown, get stuffed and then try again a few moments later only to be stuffed again. This would probably be better solved with more ways to get the takedown I guess.

Some times the AI will catch a body kick and just let it go.

Other times the AI will pull off a ridiculous dodge counter. Having said that, sometimes I pull off a ridiculous dodge counter too.

What I do think weighs the game down is the animation variety. A lot of guys look the same in terms of TD attempt animation, punch / kick animations. Once we have multiple versions of these, spread across the entire roster, then it will get really deep!
Advertisements - Register to remove