Old 10-04-2018, 10:07 AM   #883
BigOrangeVol4Life
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
I’ve come to realize that Play the Moments is as good as it gets. Or at least for now.

Long term, I’m not sure.

I’m starting to believe that the game engine just can’t handle us watching 120-130 plays a game. With play the key moments, you only watch about 40-50 plays. Mostly 40.

Why only 40 plays?

When you start the game, the out of the box settings have the quarter length at 6 minutes and the accelerated clock on with a 20 second runoff. I haven’t played a game with these quarter and clock settings, but I bet you get about 40 plays a game with this setting.

Now, you can’t get accurate stats with 6 minutes and 20 second runoff, but you can with 15 minute quarter, 15 second runoff and play the key moments. With play the key moments, you see the 40 plays or so a game.

I have nothing but strong impressions from my play the key moments experiment. Can’t recommend it high enough. This is a good thing to settle for. because let’s face it, this kind of settling for something. but it’s rewarding and you can just enjoy the game, albeit, in small bursts. but these small bursts are awesome.

impressions from play the moments:

-no cheating or bending to get scripted results
-real stats
-less of a chance to see the game make mistakes it should’t make
-consistent gameplay
-good game flow
-you can probably do 4-6 games in the time you watch a full game
-the game seems to behave better and just seems way more consistent. feels like it the gameplay is better synched by the texted sim stats. it’s very organic.
-your not constantly testing sliders

Use the settings on the OP, but lower block in back to 60. i have some more adjustments, very minor. My kids are watching Nextgen on Netflix, so i can’t review them right now.

I haven’t given up on finding sliders that will work for a whole game. I’m just waiting until December or so for more patches. I had a killer set last year that got ruined by a late-patch. I’m kind of paranoid about finding another killer set and having a patch ruin it. this is like a bandaid. But a very good bandaid. A lot of the glitches don’t happen because we’re watching small windows of each game. That’s the best I can explain it.
Gotcha. These patches seem to be making the game better and better with each release. I'm hoping you find a set that perfects it. Thanks man.