View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 05:14 PM   #667
TizziBoy
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm looking for some feedback for the main forum. I'm not seeing these issues on a continuous basis using Josh's setup and would like some clarification from the people using Josh's sliders. I hope some of you are able to weigh in. Josh, your feedback is welcome too. Thank you.

the physics are terrible..warping dbs still magically stopping so the wr can get a step..end zone awareness issues..wrs brain dead and not active..too many one on one wwe tackles..rb jukes and awful vision.

Do some of these issues/concerns happen once in a while? Do they occur every other play, etc........?

rbs with a wide open sideline juke back into the flow of traffic?..db after press coverage get a slight hitch which enables wrs to get open?..lbs and dbs literally warping to the ball jumping with insane verticals and eyes behind their heads?..dbs freezing within 5 yrds of the end zone endline..rbs jogging to the hole after getting a handoff and on lower speeds getting a hitch pause?.one one one wwe tackles with a 170 lb db on a powerback?..ol just freezing in place on a pass block?..wonky excessive cuts by the rb and wonky qb spin outs and turnarounds from the qb?

Ok, you're throwing a lot of stuff intothe equation, I'll try to answer to at least some:

- runners cut: defintively rating-based, not really sure which one, but I'm guessing BCV. Could be also a combination, BCV-AWR? But some players do, some others don't

- Defensivemen passing coverage: this is one of the most important changes with injury sliders. At 50-50 they are reasonable for my taste even at AM, reduce or increase one of them (apart from 0 in the MM...) and everything goes haywire. BUT that's also part of the last patch: with the change between spectacular catch and agility+jumping, you'll see far more frequent supermen pass defense. Why? Well, EA did a great job this year, but they still get money from competition, so they still do the game for them. I agree I hate the int concepts, defensive backs in real football are not just wr playing on defense, but that's it, this is what the kids want, they want to intercept passes and this is what EA gives them. Look at NFL INTs and you'll see how many of them happen after a deflection... I don't know the ratio, but it's pretty high. Deflections still extremely rare in Madden.
But we can't change the game development with sliders... They should understand themselves what "simulation" means.

- press: it's voluntary broken. Again a question of competition... My suggestion is to use press with plays that are press by default and don't use the presnap command. If you want closer DBs press first and show blitz after

- tackling and blocking you appear to be in a different setting, that's the other key together with pass cvg in changing inj sliders, it's the first thing you have to watch

All this said, never forget: ratings.
Take overall and throw it out of the window.
This year you have so many ratings that OVR is a totally misleading number. I'm in year 2026 with the Bears, best rushing defense ever and there's a 77 OVR HB in the Packers who costantly runs a minimum of 6 YPC every damn game I play against them. You could create a 75 OVR player for each and every position and still have a monster team.