View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 08:28 AM   #672
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboy67
For Josh or anyone else really:

Y’all running with the 75 man roster or a different one?
As I said previously, I prefer running with the 75 man roster. I have used EA preseason and week 1 rosters and they seem OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizziBoy

All this said, never forget: ratings.
Take overall and throw it out of the window.
This year you have so many ratings that OVR is a totally misleading number. I'm in year 2026 with the Bears, best rushing defense ever and there's a 77 OVR HB in the Packers who costantly runs a minimum of 6 YPC every damn game I play against them. You could create a 75 OVR player for each and every position and still have a monster team.
This is so daggone true, moreso than last year (and I thought it was great then). I look for very specific skill sets for a number of positions and roles to fit what I am trying to do and many times, that player is not the guy with the highest overall. With the NFL being so specialized, this is really true-to-form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizziBoy
Well, I don't have any tackle/cpu run problem with 0 MM at AM, actually the tackle is more fluid, meaning 99% of the time is not on the spot, it always takes some 0,5-2 yds. But, really, it's a small detail and many other factors can influence it. It's just so weird that 50-50 and 0-50 plays more similar than 49-49 and 50-50.
I'll need to check out the 0/50 injury setup with this patch....

But yeah, 1 click (especially in a default environment) can indeed have a pretty dramatic impact on how things play out. I think you could put together a meaningfully different experience just by tweaking sliders between 49-51.