View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 01:29 PM   #32
Chrisx
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 19 Teams Tactics Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
But what I think we'd all like to see is a lower level team come out against Man City and consider going for it the first ten minutes, trying to sucker punch them, then maybe playing a more conservative style the rest of the way...you know, varying their style game to game from the outset based on the opponent, position in the table etc. The current game gave me hope (the 'selling point') but it doesn't seem to come to fruition. I don't have an issue myself using the second controller to make logical game play changes for the opponent, but I ideally I wouldn't need to do that.
I have an issue with it, not because of laziness, but I don't think there's any immersion for me when trying to win an important match and having to manage my opponents tactics at the same time. If EA can actually finish the game though, I can see myself spending the time making some edits to the tactics beforehand, so it's nice to watch the discussion here.

Consider this for a moment, the logic is there already. Teams switch formation based on that (old) code, and commentators even have lines related to tactic changes by the cpu. All they have to do is change the lines of the code that tweaked the old ctt sliders and make them use the dpad left/right instead. I think it's a bit insulting if they don't do that, but that's just me. If they're hoping that most people will not notice matches making no sense tactically they have another thing coming i'm afraid (see below for an example).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodc
Question:

Do you think Defensive Style Constant Pressure should be set on Balanced tactics or be reserved just to Attacking tactics?

Same thought about Drop back...

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Operation Sports mobile app
I'm sure opinions will vary, these teams make me want to sim the games personally, the more games I get to play against them. First, I don't like how they implemented pressure, but if they could switch off the constant pressure when they actually win I would be more ok with them using it by default on balanced.

I played against barcelona yesterday in la liga using real betis, it should feel like a special game but...

Suarez scored a ridiculous bicycle kick after flicking the ball up in the air (it actually went through him with no collision detection), and the rest of the game was them still running after the ball like idiots and me counter attacking them with plenty of space to run into. In the end I won 2-1 and didn't enjoy it at all. My biggest worry was not their pressure but them scoring another random and impossible to defend bicycle kick. The fact that tactics are so strong this year makes it even more important to actually have them adjust somehow based on scoreline, otherwise the more extreme ones will feel ok half of the time and ridiculous the other half of the time. So, in short, I really don't know what's best.

Last edited by Chrisx; 10-20-2018 at 01:51 PM.