View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 09:48 AM   #737
roadman
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

After complaining about losing to the Vikes by 18 pts and 4 int's with Arod, I just played the best game of the year with Madden 19.

Ratings matter, folks. I failed to do my due diligence studying the opponent before playing the game vs the Vikes. Before last nights game vs the Redskins, I looked at the ratings of the offense and defense. My eyes lit up with no 90 rated DL and the highest rated CB was Josh Norman at 85.

The only disappointment I noticed through the whole game was 0 penalties.

For the first time in I don't know how long, I rushed with Montgomery for 117 yds on 20 some carries, avg 4.6 yds per carry. Also, the Redskins had over 100yds rushing and 76 of them coming on one carry.

Rodgers threw only 1 Int and threw for 68% with 2 TD's and Alex Smith threw for 70% with 2 int's and 1 TD.

The last drive of the game, the score was tied with 20 and less than 4 minutes left. I ran the ball more with Montgomery vs passing the ball to chew the clock. I ran the game down to like over 25 seconds on the clock and the Redskins had used all of their TO's at the 49 second mark. 3rd and goal at the 2, shotgun formation and Montgomery waltzed into the endzone.

Talk about the difference between 2 games, variety is the spice of life and that is what I am looking for. On paper, the Packers should lose to the Vikes and win vs the Redskins. In real life, Packers tie Vikes and lose to the Redskins.

Bottom line, this is a NFL video game that tries to emulate what we see on Sunday. It may come up short in some areas "of realism", (ie, 0 penalties) but what I experienced was very exciting.

I can't stress enough about ratings matter.