View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 06:40 PM   #822
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

I decided to wait to let others chime-in before responding.

First thing, I still see no reason to modify anything. I'm still seeing tremendous variety; games have a realistic degree of challenge, stats are reasonable, penalties are there, and really the only thing I don't 100% love is the subbing (but autosubs and fatigue are just not worth tinkering with due to their impact on the gameplay).

Regarding the accel clock. With it on, the gameplay is very sketchy. Lots of "Maddeny" plays, glitchy behavior, etc. As Schanidt also stated, with it off, it tightens up CPU coverage and improves the sense of urgency that the CPU runs with. I strongly suspect that the accel clock affects or interacts with the base fatigue rate and somehow jacks it up when it is turned on. I cannot explain it fully, but what I can say is that the game plays significantly better with it off. Now, I realize that many people still use it....but I'd also point-out that they are either using heavily modified sliders and/or rosters to get positive gameplay results. The premise of this thread is to minimize those outside influences and allow the gameplay engine and player ratings to take over.

Now, for deleting the playcalling file, to be honest, I'm not sold yet. I still see a lot of the same weaknesses depending on the team (excess shot plays, 4-verts) and it is replaced by other weaknesses (too many stick plays and other checkdown-oriented plays). Play-calling is something that varies based on playbook, scheme, and the context of the game and what is working. Also, throw in the fact that you can get definitively better playcalling (without deleting that file) using customized playbooks (e.g. Sabo's) suggests that the bulk of the issue lies in the playbooks themselves. That said, I also see no deleterious affect from deleting them, so if it works for you, by all means run with it deleted. Until I collect significantly more data, I am not going to mandate the use of it. I'm not nixing it by any means, I just haven't seen "it" yet. I'll keep testing it out though.