View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 11:39 PM   #5
JBCAROLINAKID
MVP

JBCAROLINAKID's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Anyone else get so caught up in tweaking the game that you don’t actually play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbraceThePace
I’ve always been a guy who gets annoyed when rosters weren’t accurate and had to edit them before playing, but I could always jump in and play after I fixed them. However, over the past few years, I can’t even get myself to jump into the game at all. I’ve probably played less than 10 full games of 2K since 2K16.

This isn’t because of roster issues, as rosters and draft classes have never been as good as they are now. It has to do with the gameplay/MyLEAGUE logic and the seemingly endless issues with both that totally kill my desire to play. It seems like 2K has so many issues that the only way to achieve a realistic experience is to spend hours and hours of time doing maintenance (sliders, contracts, progression, etc.) in hopes of making the game work correctly, yet we all know it’s impossible to get to that point. I just tweak and tweak and tweak but never dive in.

MLB The Show is really the only sports game I can play because it has very few issues compared to 2K, especially in terms of core on-field gameplay. I think because I follow real life basketball so closely, even the smallest issues kill the immersion for me. Could also be that I’m just not into games like I used to be.

Does anyone else spend the majority of their time on 2K WANTING to play, but not actually jumping in because of the myriad of unfixable issues? Or if anyone has been like this and ultimately got over it, how did you do it?

Just interested in hearing from others about this.
I totally agree. While I do play it more than you my play of choice is cpu vs cpu games because I like to get the roster right and then enjoy watching it play out without outside interference. The problem is the gameplay never quite makes it there. There are always so many unrealistic situations that happen in game that just kill the immersion. I'm constantly tweaking sliders and tendencies. This year is even worse because this ACE system hasn't worked as advertised and I use my custom roster so I don't know if any updates would apply to it. I guess in a long kinda way I'm saying I feel your pain.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove