View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 11:58 PM   #6
CaseIH
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Anyone else get so caught up in tweaking the game that you don’t actually play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbraceThePace
I’ve always been a guy who gets annoyed when rosters weren’t accurate and had to edit them before playing, but I could always jump in and play after I fixed them. However, over the past few years, I can’t even get myself to jump into the game at all. I’ve probably played less than 10 full games of 2K since 2K16.

This isn’t because of roster issues, as rosters and draft classes have never been as good as they are now. It has to do with the gameplay/MyLEAGUE logic and the seemingly endless issues with both that totally kill my desire to play. It seems like 2K has so many issues that the only way to achieve a realistic experience is to spend hours and hours of time doing maintenance (sliders, contracts, progression, etc.) in hopes of making the game work correctly, yet we all know it’s impossible to get to that point. I just tweak and tweak and tweak but never dive in.

MLB The Show is really the only sports game I can play because it has very few issues compared to 2K, especially in terms of core on-field gameplay. I think because I follow real life basketball so closely, even the smallest issues kill the immersion for me. Could also be that I’m just not into games like I used to be.

Does anyone else spend the majority of their time on 2K WANTING to play, but not actually jumping in because of the myriad of unfixable issues? Or if anyone has been like this and ultimately got over it, how did you do it?

Just interested in hearing from others about this.

Yep, I told myself last yr, after spending all of basketball season trying to fix the lack of shooting fouls on 3pt attempts, by editing sliders, and roster editing, to no avail with NBA2k18.
I told myself this yr, I wasnt going to do that, I was just going to get sliders to the point of getting realistic stats, and not spend all of the season trying to fixe gameplay issues.

Unfortunately that went right out the window, when I found out that not only didnt the lack of shooting fouls on 3pt attempts get fixed, but they broke the fouls logic all together, as now there is basically no charging, or blocking fouls being called. And loose ball and Over the Back, do get called, but not enough

However I do feel Im getting closer to getting my sliders set, to get realistic stats, or close anyway. So Im about ready, to start on editing my roster I will use for ML. As I didnt even get a ML started last yr, do to trying to fix the game, and Im not doing that this yr,lol.

Im also very OCD about sim stats, and that has kept me from enjoying MyLeague the last several yrs, do to such poor sim stats. I keep telling myself, Im going to just edit the rosters, to fix some of the poor ratings and tendencies, since 2k cant get it right, and try to worry less about trying to get every single sim stat thats in the game, perfect.

Or this is what I keep telling myself anyway,lol. Whether Im able to overcome my OCD issue, only time will tell

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts