View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 08:23 PM   #8
NoLeafClover
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Current State of Pro-Am: What is this ****?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayellis
I can sum up Pro Am easily:

-Tipoff occurs, RB>LB pass through the defense to an easy dunk
-Sharpshooters come down and shoot 75% from open and about 45% contested
-Bigs miss layups because a defender has his hand up standing directly under the rim.
-Then the big who misses falls to the ground for 5 seconds, and there sharpshooting matchup greens a 3 because of it
-Glass Cleaners jump across the paint through bodies, to get boards.
-Rebounds morph into Glass Cleaners hands
-Glass Cleaners then RB>LB to the farthest player up the court without looking
-Pure sharp or lockdown catches full court pass in stride with Randy Moss touch
-It is now a fastbreak situation that ends in a 3 rather than a layup, because And 1s dont exist in the foul animations, and 3s are easier to make.
-Lockdowns now spam the inbound, passing lanes, and ballhandlers.
-The ballhandler then passes to what should be an open man, but the pass is made in a direct line and defenders have instantaneous reactions in the passing lanes.
-The only way to get open with the size of the court and instant defensive reactions is to :
A) Run behind the ballhandler and get the defender stuck. (As If you cant just easily brush off the other player)
B) Run a semi circle around the 3 point line with a big standing at the top of the 3 holding the pick button.

I could go on but i'm done for now
Lol, this is EXACTLY what happens with every team, in every game, across every region of Rec/Pro Am. You nailed it dude, and it's boring and predictable as hell and creates some of the least-skilled gameplay I've ever seen.

People online are just clones of one another, there's zero variation and it's an absolute snorefest.