View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 06:29 PM   #4
kenchun24
Rookie

kenchun24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Lookig for Realistic Slider Set while watching MNF...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Yep, call me old fashioned, but I enjoyed professional football way more 10 yrs ago. The NFL is getting what they want, arcade like results by neutering the defense. I take every Offensive performance like this with a grain of salt. Never would happen in a different era.

You're old fashioned lol, but yeah I agree, I like college football (and certain conferences for that style of shootout game) but it's just way too much past few years (the recent Super Bowls for example) and gettting worse.

To me great games have a mix of everything - good offensive plays, good defensive plays, some key stops and some clever strategy drive to drive. Not wide open ineptness every down. Just saying Tyreek Hill would not be wide open 24/7 if CB's and Safeties could lay the wood and play tight coverage without getting a huge defensive holding or PI penalty every darn snap in a game. It's Arena League in the NFL...ugh.

...and I do see it happening further more even with teams that have mediocre talent (unlike the weapons the Rams & Chefs have), heck one of the two wins this year from my lowly Raiders was 45-43 vs. the Browns. I'm even considering changing a few of the FF leagues I manage back to classic, non PPR, TD only rules like the old days of FF, as even those scores are getting out of hand, with not as many close contests week to week.

I also blame Peyton Manning and Tom Brady for this change in the game. I blame them for whining to the league (Peyton for whining to help change the WR coverage rule, and Tommy Boy for whining to help change the QB sack/hit rules) back in the mid 2000's. Those two definitely helped to create this whole "All Offense No D Allowed" era...

Which when I see all these modern era QB, RB, WR stats... I just think, meh, the '90s to early 2000 era QB's, RB's, WR's, Pass Rushers and Cover Corners/Safeties stats are all WAY more impressive considering the defensive rules for that era that had helped procure a well balanced game, and the truly elite would shine - both offensive & defensive players.

Oh well, cest la vie...

Last edited by kenchun24; 11-20-2018 at 06:51 PM.