Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefsplanet
Posting so OP has the info.
Using all settings from OP. (except)

---Variables changed:
Using "arcade" mode
Using "slow" speed

---What I'm wondering:
Will this significantly change realistic results (stats)
Will this significantly change realistic look/feel (fool me/immerse me)

hypothesis
"arcade mode" will make these little toads move more like athletes and do more athletic things more often, and I will get more cut scenes and replays. Perhaps I'll get more big plays (on both offense and defense) and not see dramatic statistical anomolies.

fear
"arcade mode" will make game turn into a laughable mess. Nobody will tackle at all. The Raiders will destroy the Chiefs week 13 by a score of 112-68. Injuries will be silly. Punters will punch coaches on the sidelines... Mass chaos.

At time of writing: (slow/supersim)

Chiefs are losing 34-24 with 6:00 left in the 3rd. Both running backs are having big days. Very few penalties called. Some big plays. Game has felt good. Athletes still look like toads. Punt returner stands still for like 1.5 seconds on returns. Dee Ford just wiffed on a sack, and Carr nailed his guy 35 yards downfield (reminds of real life TOO much). BOTH QBs have all day to throw the ball, but have a tendency to *hooooooold* it forever. Real humans' *oh ***** clocks would have gone off by now, and guys would at least be trying to roll out. But if we're sacrificing that realism for realistic stats... I'm cool with it. (or rather, it could be an artificact of arcade mode). 41-24 now... We're getting torched.
The one thing in particular that I really wish would be fixed with a patch is the QBs holding the ball for too long and not throwing it away when they should. Also, when they kind of just “shuffle” backwards and to the side when they should clearly be running for their lives once the pocket is collapsing is so frustrating to watch. QBs just take 14 yard sacks like it’s nothing.

I wonder if trait edits would change this at all?