View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 02:38 PM   #1711
conan8425
Just started!

conan8425's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

First of all, mad thanks to all of you for being so involved and attempting to make this thing more enjoyable. I'm posting this here instead of Reddit because you guys seem to actually be trying to fix things as opposed to jsut focusing on how bad it sucks.

That being said, I've played two full games so far with v. 18 (and part of one which ended with a controller smash); two major issues and one overall concern:

1. Running the ball is not working at all. Getting within 3 yards of any defender (even one being blocked/double teamed) automatically initiates a tackle animation. Utilizing speed burst or a move near the line has always done this, but now tackle animations are initiating almost as soon as i make a hand-off.

2. A two-parter: about half the time player defenders are hesitating while the ball is in the air. Press, man, zone, man blitz, none of it is 'working', defenders slow up or stop altogether while they watch the receiver catch the ball and the only thing stopping a big play on every pass is underneath coverage making plays out of position. Also, player pass rush is OP. Every play-action pass is a sack, and I'm generating decent pressure on 3 and 4 man rushes. By halftime of my most recent game, I had 8 sacks on Matt Ryan with 40 seconds left in the first half.

My overall concern after all these patches and slider adjustments is there are fundamental problems with the game that are not fixable. CPU WRs never dropping a ball while getting lit up by safeties and LBs while player WRs drop every contested pass; player ballhandlers constantly reeling from one animation to the next while CPU runners seemingly have a forcefield around them at times; CPU's insane ability to convert third and long at an impossible rate... I know there's been years of debate about DDA and accusations of scripting and I may be late to the party on all that, just wanted to air all that out while I was writing the rest of this novel.
Advertisements - Register to remove