View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 03:38 AM   #7
LoadStar81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Back when I played HUT, I did nothing but work the market:* start in the Bronze packs, build my CHL squads, take the bonuses, start dipping into the Silver packs, and so on.
I remember when a player's tier was determined by their rating, not what roster they were on.* Bronze packs meant something in those days:* if you wanted an NHL set bonus, you NEEDED a good merchant community in the lower tiers.*
There was one time I ended up drawing a duplicate of a prospect on the Predators' roster, from a Bronze pack.* Cha-CHING!* I think I put that one on the market as a true auction, at 50/No Limit/3 Days.* I don't even remember what the final bid was, but it was up there.*
Last I saw, though, HUT switched to* assigning tiers by league, not rating, so now Golds are* a roll of the dice, and Bronze packs are effectively worthless.* Now, trying to find the last player to close the book on the London Knights, or the Moose Jaw Warriors, is like pulling teeth.
I don't know if HUT is still organized that way, but whatever.* There's just no reason for me to buy NHL 19.* I cannot, and will not, vote with my wallet for the status quo.