Old 11-27-2018, 04:13 PM   #5
PFellah
Rookie

PFellah's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Third Time's The Charm(?) - Atlanta Firebirds

2018 Amateur Draft

GIVE-BACK TRADES
I ended up working on five, executing on three.

FAILED DEALS
  • Del Zotto to Vancouver. They just didn't want him back and I didn't feel like forcing the issue.
  • Petrovic to Florida. Interest was there, but I just couldn't find a return -- no player leapt out and the best pick I could get was a 3rd, and that wasn't really floating my boat. Figure I'll hold on and see what opens up later.

COMPLETED DEALS
  • Stralman returned to Tampa Bay for RW Taylor Raddysh and Tampa's 2nd round pick (2-29-61). Nothing particular about Raddysh; Tampa just had him as "looking to move" and he made the trade work.
  • Martinez returned to LA for their first-round draft pick (1-21-21). Tried to make it work for a player, but nothing really balanced properly, so in the end I just took a pick straight-up.
  • Ekholm returned to Nashville for RW Craig Smith and their 2nd round pick in 2019. Figured I'd take on a little salary to make the deal more palatable and get a true starting forward in the return.

Didn't get the center I wanted, but it's progress.

2018 DRAFT PICKS
1-5-5 - LW Nikolai Sbruev. Central Scouting had him #2 overall. We'll see.
1-21-21 (from LA) - C Manuel Greffe - general playmaker-y guy.
2-4-35 - D Ryan Merkley - seemed to have decent offensive skills
2-29-61 (from TB) - C Filip Hallander - "elite" speed caught my eye
3-3-67 - D Xavier Bernard - tie goes to a guy named "Xavier". Prepare for lots of X-Men jokes if it pans out.
The remainder of the draft can be summarized by "scouting is iffy, but it's at least reporting a chance of Elite ceiling"
4-3-99 - RW Ray Finley
5-3-131 - G Austin Quincey - possible over-reach on a goalie, but I wanted to grab at least one
6-3-163 - RW Jared Olsen
7-3-195 - C Krystof Hrabik - exception to previous statement: his ceiling was only Top 6 Forward, but he had a little firmer scouting.

Next up... FREE AGENCY.

Last edited by PFellah; 11-28-2018 at 06:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove