View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 12:25 PM   #5
IBMA
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Fall and Rise of Ohio State Basketball

Thad Matta Excited About Potential
November 5, 2018
Columbus,OH -- The 2009 Buckeyes look as good as ever. The depth to this team is extraordinary, and the starters aren’t something to slouch about either. Led by four juniors, the starting five is looking towards preseason All-Conference power forward Sean Frye (88 OVR) to be their leader. Frye is coming off a year where he averaged 16 points per game as a second option to graduating senior Howard Marks. Sean also averaged 10 rebounds per game and two blocks per game.
The Buckeyes will also be led by their starting point guard, Marcus Dumas (81 OVR), and center, Bobby Hardy (81 OVR). Both of these young men are juniors, same as Frye. Dumas excels at both shooting and driving to the hoop. Hardy is a monster in the paint, both offensively and defensively. These two will be good second options to pair with Frye, as well as the rest of the team. Head coach Thad Matta feels anybody on this team could step up to be the number one guy.
“On paper our man looks like it’s Sean [Frye] with the accolades and the production from last year. But in my eyes any single person on this team could show up and be our man on any given night. Matchups will play a key role in this. You never know when Bobby [Hardy] or Will [Burnsides] can step up. I could’ve really said any name on this team. The minutes are still being fought for right now and we are almost a week in November. That’s how good I feel we are.” - Matta
The Buckeyes are ranked number sixteen despite this confidence coach Matta has in his group. Ohio State starts their journey to the top of the college basketball world with a home game against St. John’s on Tuesday.
Advertisements - Register to remove