Old 12-02-2018, 09:53 PM   #16
MizzouRah
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: The Cure for Warping/Suction: 77 Speed Threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller Osiris
Quick observation from testing the literal in game impact of the speed threshold slider, has led me to conclude that 77 is the best possible setting that would allow every player on the field to move independent of the speed threshold forcefield.

Speed Threshold is a Field "Compensation" slider per say. Not at all a minimum player speed slider.

Ive tested every value in increments of 5 until i came to my conclusion. From 0 to 100.

What i have found is that the speed threshold slider is actually responsible for the speed gap between interacting offensive and defensive players, not the base speed for the entire field of play.

The speed threshold mainly kicks in when an offensive and defensive player are in the same vicinity as one another. The speed threshold will then determine how much space between these two players are allowable.

At 0 threshold, faster players are compensated at the expense of slower players.

At 100 threshold, slower players are compensated at the expense of faster players

This compensation plays out in one of the worst legacy issues that currently plague Madden...WARPING/SUCTION.

Notice on replay that if you send a fast receiver on a streak against a slower Cornerback, there will began to be some sort of invisible forcefield keeping the players in a certain position with one another. On a lower threshold you will see the slower players getting tugged back slightly by an invisible forcefield that is allowing the faster player to show more separation, and on a higher setting you will see the slower players warp towards the faster players in order to compensate for their lack of speed.

In order to eliminate this suction and warping, i took two days to find the sweet spot on the threshold slider that would neutralize the compensation both ways, and allow for the players true speed to reflect their amount of separation.

What i find is that on a threshold of 77, the forcefield is non existent to the naked eye. No longer are slower players compensated for their slowness, nor are the faster players compensated for their speed advantage. Now this can allow for dynamic outcomes.

At 77, when the threshold decides to kick in, it has little to no obvious effect on the play. You cannot build sliders around thresholds that induce suction and warping. 77-79 speed thresholds are the only viable thresholds for true speed to play out independently. This is not an opinion but a truth i will claim and have concluded to.

I've tested this in CFM which is obviously painstaking to do considering that you have to exit the game to make one little adjustment, but i find the game to feel totally different and less buggy just from a +2 speed parity increase.

Matchups play out like they should without the magnetic interference from the threshold which would allow for a pretty good game of football to be played with adjustments to the other sliders.

Updating my slider set today so i thought it would be of service to share my breakthrough with the community so you may do with it as you so wish.
This is one of the better posts I've seen in relation to the speed threshold slider, and I've been trying different settings in my CFM. Post patch, I moved from 50 default to the new 75 default and I do feel like the game plays much closer to a typical NFL game as far as speed parity/separation goes. It's odd though, before the patch 50 didn't feel right and I was using 25.

Post patch 50 to me feels like NCAA 14, tons of big plays. My 96 speed WR was leading the league in yardage as well as my QB in passing yardage. Back to 75 and they are both back within normal ranges. (I have Josh Rosen and JJ Nelson not Matt Ryan and Julio Jones)