View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 12:56 AM   #1
Padgoi
Banned

OVR: 0
I was wondering how some people on TGCTours were shooting such absurdly low scores...

I consider myself a pretty good player. I play on Master Clubs and my handicap is low, in the single digits. The thing is, I'm seeing the leader boards for some of the tournaments at tgctours.com and I'm flabbergasted at how low the winners are shooting. Shooting even on some of these courses is next to impossible and you have people winning tournaments at - 56. The questions is, how are they shooting such low scores?

Well, I figured it out. These scores are based off of handicaps. These top players aren't really shooting - 50, they're shooting - 10 with a 40 stroke handicap.

Basically I'm creating this thread so people don't think they're so much worse than the top players. If your handicap is in single digits, you're one of the top players, however you're never gonna win a tournament because these guys have high handicaps and are shooting scores that are unbeatable because of it. If you want to play "good" players and not people on Tgctours.com who have absurdly high handicaps, you're better off looking for societies that have handicap limits. But if you want to compete on Tgctours.com on the pro circuit, you're gonna have to be strategic so your handicap remains high.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove