View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 05:51 PM   #1
jpfine
Pro

jpfine's Arena

OVR: 0
Coach Chambers' Journey to the Top: The Catastrophic Chippewas | A Relegation Dynasty

Coach Chambers' Journey to the Top
The Catastrophic Chippewas

Overview

A couple years ago, in an attempt to start a dynasty on my own utilizing a playoff system, I browsed around to try to find others with playoffs in their dynasty and I found the thread that helped me to create playoffs in my dynasty. With that dynasty, I was able to get to around Year 7, where I led Ohio to a national championship in a six-team playoff, defeating the likes of Florida and USC along the way. However, it felt bland. I stopped playing until more recently.

I attempted to do another dynasty using the playoffs about a month or two ago, which I enjoyed until I didn't again. I enjoyed playing, but adding just the playoffs felt, again, a little bland, and I needed more. So, I went back on to the OS Forums, just viewing different dynasties that I enjoyed and, eventually, I created an account. I found the idea of a relegation dynasty and I thought that it was a solid incentive to try to take a team from the bottom tier to the top tier.

I created my own system, as follows:

Tier 1: SEC and Pac-12 (16 teams each)
Tier 2: Big Ten and Big 12 (12 teams each)
Tier 3: ACC and American (12 teams each)
Tier 4: MAC (10 teams)
Tier 5: Mountain West (10 teams)
Tier 6: C-USA (10 teams)
Tier 7: Sun Belt (10 teams)
Tier 8: Independents (6 teams)

Recently, I simmed a relegation dynasty with 7 tiers, which I found a little weird because it was an uneven number (I know, my OCD got the best of me). I realigned the conferences and tiers so that it was even and so that it made the most sense. In addition, as mentioned, I made it so that there were more tiers, because I felt just having a relegation system with two tiers didn't really have a lot of changes. Once you promoted up a tier, there was nothing else you could do. You just played there until you were relegated and felt that it'd be too easy to make the trip up to the top. So, to make it more of a challenge, I have decided to choose Central Michigan, who is in the bottom tier. The teams in each tier are in the link here.

In this system, to be able to promote, the team that is eligible for promotion has to play the team from the tier above that is eligible for relegation. This gives the team facing a relegation a chance to stay up and it also prevents teams going up and down between two tiers for years on end. In addition, for the Independents, since there is no way to regulate what teams they play, I took temaat89's system to be able to determine who gets promotion. However, I changed it a bit so that it would fit my system. A team would gain 5 points if they beat a top-10 ranked team, 4 points if they beat a top-25 ranked team, 3 points if they beat an unranked team in Tier 1 or 2, 2 points if they beat an unranked team in Tier 3, 4 or 5 and 1 point for any other unranked team, that is not an FCS team.

In addition to the relegation aspect of the dynasty, I will be having end-of-season playoffs. To start off, each playoff will contain four teams and there will be playoffs for Tier 1, Tier 2 and 3, Tier 4 and 5, and, finally, for Tier 6, 7 and 8. In addition to these playoffs, there will be a playoff, containing four teams, that have the best four teams, according to the BCS Polls. With these five playoffs, and the promotion-relegation playoff games, there will not be a lot of bowl games to have, so any bowl game left available will be disregarded and not be counted, statistics-wise.

Also, I started streaming the games at the beginning of Season 2, so the Mixer Channel User is pringlepanda, or you can find it here. The explanation of this can be found here.

Backstory
Coach Chambers, previously only an FCS coach and, at most, an offensive coordinator, was offered a chance to lead a team in the big leagues. He coached at teams like Missouri State and Bucknell, but only for short amount of times. In 2005, Chambers started his coaching career at the age of 25, just three years after he graduated from Drake University.

After former Central Michigan Head Coach Dan Enos left the Chippewas for a coaching job at Alabama, Chambers was one of Central Michigan Athletic Director Dave Heeke's top choices for the job. In March of 2013, Chambers declined the offensive coordinator position at Bucknell, which showed Chambers was serious about joining the team. Even with the team in the bottom tier of the new NCAA system in the FBS, Andrew Chambers accepted a 3-year, $900,000 contract to be the head coach of the Chippewas.

Now, with Chambers in charge, he looks to take the Catastrophic Chippewas to the First Tier of the new system. Welcome to Coach Chambers' Journey to the Top | The Catastrophic Chippewas.

Last edited by jpfine; 12-26-2018 at 07:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove