View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 02:18 AM   #3756
rreigns86
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 14: 2018-19 Roster Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHawgMichigan
Man I feel like you're taking this waaay more serious then you should lol. You didn't offend me I just thought it was poor form in the manner you went about it but it's not really that big of a deal. The problem is I don't know what some of you want from us when it comes to rosters at times. We use a system so it's impossible for people to play favorites no more no less. The problem is as fans we LOVE our teams and sometimes waaay too much I am guilty of this as well lol. But when we start putting our feelings before facts with rosters then legitimacy and consistency get lost.

For example most Michigan fans thought Rashan Gary should have been a 99 overall out of HS and I wasn't even having that BS. Fast forward to his JR year and I think Rashan should be about a 86 overall now instead of the 90 he's at right now. He was at a 96 from the preseason All American list and I bumped him down from that to a 90 since he did make All Conference last year. Rashan is going to be a pretty high 1st round pick in the NFL but I don't think he was that good of a player this year for Michigan. So in my heart he is a 86 overall which is the most you can be without making a AC/AA list, but in reality he made AC list last year and this year so I gave him the rating he earned that followed the system we all use. It's not fair for me to say he is better or worse bcuz that's how I feel when there is a system in place to take a persons feelings out of the equation all together. Long story short following the system keeps it fair for everybody's team.

Jaylen Waddle -

High School Combine stats:

40: 4.52 ESPN/SPARQ = 88 in speed

40: 4.37 Under Armour Houston Camp (laser timed) = 94 in speed

He is a 94 in speed and 96 in acceleration and that makes him one of the fastest players in the game period.

That makes him the 4th fastest and the 3rd quickest player in the game. The way these rosters are setup it truly shows teams for exactly what they are. If your player is fast he will blow past a slower DB and absolutely kill LB's in coverage.

Jalen Hurts -

40: 4.85 ESPN/SPARQ = 75 in speed

Shuttle: 4.34 = 92 in acceleration

40: 4.48 Alabama's team workout. = 90 in speed

Jalen is faster than a 75 but to keep things fair since I have a verified time for him I keep it this way. I think Jalen is around a 81 to 82 in speed at least that's my guess. My question is do you really think he went from a 75 in speed in HS to a 90 in speed since enrolling at Bama?

Unless every team participates in camps that were laser timed and we get all that info then we will never have a perfect system. Even if teams did there would still be multiple variables as to why players would run worse today and better tomorrow.

I also seen you mention that Damien Harris was not your back RB. That may be true but following the system he was the only RB you had who got any preseason AA votes.

Finally I had multiple Bama fans working with me when I finalized your guys roster so I can promise you rather I am a fan of your team or not they were given the proper respect they deserve for being the team that they are! This is the same approach I use with every team I do. I am NOT the all knowing God of CFB and I make mistakes too lol. My advice is enjoy what you have with this game bcuz this years roster set is the best I have seen since the game came out and it's not even close!
no doubt I respect your system as its impossible to know about every player. as far as what you are saying on Jalen I agree speed in the 70s...but then you have a guy im just randomily mentioning another school say shurmur for Vanderbilt who is faster than hurts or even mac jones or another guy on another team that is a pocket passer. its the game itself that created the insanely high overratings….like in theory shouldn't OU be say a 96 on offense and like a 70 on defense since most agree their defense isn't very good? certain players would have to suffer lower ratings I guess to achieve that. but usually all the teams rate in a window 85-90 whatever and my point is ALL the players are to overrated and it was that way when the game was out...my question to you would be do you think most college teams go 5 or more team with receivers that are 83+ quality because that isn't unusual in the game? im just having a conversation you asked about hurts so im just asking this so please others spare the I don't appreciate the work stuff im stated to many times I appreciate that this is just conversation....if hurts is say 73 speed like I believe he is in the latest then the majority of other QBS should be far below him. but that isn't the case so to create the fair separation from say shurmur and hurts you have to way overrate hurts to keep with the consistency to show that he is actually a faster guy. damien harris is one of the finest human beings you will ever meet or see on tv dude is class as class can get...but his workload has been cut probably 90% in favor of Jacobs and Najee but im not looking at high school numbers. im just going by who saban thinks is better based on the assumption he is going to play the better player but that is because im an alabama fan I couldn't say I know enough about Indiana roster to do the same or Utah. that is what is really impressive. I guess it would be cool if the numbers reflected perfection of team ability. like OU is great on offense but horrible on D like most big 12 where lsu should be like 75 offense and 93 defense I don't know if that would have some weird affect on simulations of scores or not as you have said you have developed a good system that works. really appreciate your time showing me details about how you come up with the numbers when you didn't have to..very interesting stuff. And Alabama is way overrated for everyone saying I’m whining cause my team isn’t higher. They are 99 every phase of the game. Essentially perfect even though they have missed more extra points than anyone in football 99 special teams. My point is everyone is overrated including Alabama but maybe the the game was designed it needed to be that way to run correctly. I can’t fathom Anyone thinking from Michigan a high school dude would be 99 overall we didn’t think that about Julio Jones. Before the season I get the Damien Harris thing that change occurred throughout the year. I’m speaking more about updates where preseason AA shouldn’t matter a whole bunch in December but maybe they should. I’m just having conversation about football I worship and enjoy the rosters I don’t think I have to say that every time over a discussion but I will. And the dude that hates hearing about Alabama I understand bama fatigue I get that. I appreciate greatness. I don’t get patriot fatigue even though I’m a titans fan or warrior fatigue. I like seeing dynasty’s come and when they go creates epic television. We know its Alabama vs the world and thats fine in 98 I sat in the sleet while VT beat us 38-0 in music city bowl. Bama fatigue > that (for me) I don’t know football as well as all the posters in this thread so I’ll do everyone a favor and leave. I’m already 32 years old so I know a lot of people get really sensitive so I try to apologize as much as possible cause that’s 2018. I clearly have proved my ignorance and maybe I learned a little more about the sport I love to watch reading all your thoughts. I knew I’d play the heel a little bit but that’s cool. Keep up the good work. I want to learn as much as y’all do eventually. Long away to go! Happy holidays to all. Good luck to your teams in bowl games

Last edited by rreigns86; 12-07-2018 at 02:58 AM.