Matt10
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

*Reposting these since I didn't update the OP, sorry!*

[emoji974] Slider Update Log

12/7/18 - Here is Version 20.

It feels like I was just here. Right before the update, I was preparing my update, but the update threw off so much for the intended set. In particular, the pass coverage, while better in Zone, was completely out of sync overall. I spent a good amount of time on default and eventually headed back to similar settings as Version 19.

Some values remained, and some values had to go. I would say the biggest change is the threshold being lowered instead of raised. I had tested quite a bit on raised thresholds, and could not quite get everything in-sync. Very frustrating. One play would have the coverage played well, but the defender would not react to the ball. Or another would be terribly covered, and the receiver would warp into some weird animation, preventing themselves from catching the ball.

What I take away from the threshold testing is that higher threshold is extra "sticky" and lower threshold is more free. Considering the fact that the animation are out of sync, one would assume higher threshold would be the answer, or higher values in general, this was not the case unfortunately. When I would adjust the threshold, I would see so many animations depending on other ones. Such as the jogging animation by a DB was caused by the receiver jogging clear across the other side of the field. Or another would be where the DL sheds the OL instantly, and right away my DB stops on a dime, allowing the QB to make the completed pass with ease.

So, to make a long story short, I forced a lower threshold again, but paired it with a mix of triggers such as a higher PBL, a "normalized" Pass Coverage, and a lower reaction, but over Interceptions. I also raised QBA for the CPU to make more risky throws, while still maintaining the good ball physics from a 35 on AM. The lower threshold was not only to address the passing game, but it was to free up my stickied defenders from being bulldozed by the weakest of O-Lines, especially in the run. The CPU would have acres of space before a linebacker would meet them. Once I lowered that threshold, now the defenders were "freed" from their shackles, and left to their own devices to make a play. This is why there are more gang-tackles as well because truly every player is free, and not dependant on other animations around them.

Safe to say this is the longest I've really worked without modifying the penalties as a shortcut. I think I would have had it done much sooner if it weren't for the patch. I did continue to test, and was so desperate that even jumped into Play Now and Practice modes...which I never...ever...do. Rightfully so, because the purpose for that was just to see animations play out, then to see if the values carried over into a Franchise. They didn't. I am certain that some specific values are reversed between franchise and play now/practice modes - and not trusting what I've known for years put a bit of hiccup in the testing. Still, it was good to rule that out - and good that I found a resolution.

Overall, thanks for your patience on these. I know the threshold doesn't quite make sense, but pleaes give it an honest go. You will see separation, but it will be much better than seeing forcefields of indecision and players being glued to canned animations. Sorry for the long post, but I needed to get it all down on paper because it's been in my head all week!

Enjoy Version 20!

*Note, there are no changes to Special Teams or Penalty slider values.*

[emoji974] Game Settings

If you provide feedback, please advise of any modifications you have done from this OP set. Also, please include if you are providing feedback on All-Madden or All-Pro. Thank you!

Skill Level: All-Pro or All-Madden

Rosters: EA Default (Active or Preseason)

Auto-subs: Default

Game Speed: Normal

Game Style: Simulation

Quarter Length: 9 minutes

Accelerated Clock: Off

[emoji974] Gameplay Helpers

Ball Carrier Special Move: Manual

Defensive Auto Strafe: Off

Defensive Ball Hawk: Off

Defensive Heat Seeker Assist: Off

Defensive Switch Assist: Off

[emoji974] Game Options

Injuries: 13
• No changes. Kudos to Tommy again for these as it allows such a nice balance of entire game injuries, temporary injuries, different severity, just good overall mixture.

Fatigue: 50
• No changes. The stamina gauge doesn't deplete with the slow down animation anymore, so I'm much happier with seeing this to come back up.

Min Player Threshold: 15
Version 20: Dropped this down further from 30, and found a nice spot with 15. Paired up with the PBL value and PCV, this really made a big difference in separating players further, and releasing them of their forcefield chains.

[emoji974] Player/CPU Skill Settings
*Community PC file: "Matt10V20" (pending, tbd)
*Community PS4 file: "Matt10V20" (pending, hosted by Escobar)

QB Accuracy: 40/40 All-Pro & All-Madden
Version 20: I've kept the 40 for both AP and AM here. The reason being is that I want more risks being taken by the QB in the harder difficulty. The QBA value is just enough that not every pass is a floater to the sideline, and has enough zip onto it when there is a sure pass. From there it is a matter of whether the QB is being pressured and how they deal with it paired with their ratings.

Pass Blocking: 52/52
Version 20: A significant raise here. The reason this goes up is because with it at 38, 48 or even 50, it was completely throwing the timing off for not only the receivers' route, but also the defenders. This is why we would see defenders not turn around, or not react to the ball - they simply would not be ready. They do have eyes in the back of their head, yes, but it's not for the ball, it's for a trigger in which the perception that the DL has breached the OL. With it here at 52 it has normalized the pocket to break due to pressure, and there are very rare cases where the CPU QB will just stand there completely safe. The lower threshold will not allow it. The only time I have seen this is when they decide not to run despite perfect coverage downfield. A big difference maker for me.

WR Catch: 42/42
Version 20: I've kept this the same value because relative to the adjusted threshold I am seeing less one handed catches and less unbelievable catches in traffic.

Run Blocking: 50/50
Version 20 The CPU no longer needs an advantage here. They do quite well to find gaps, and stick to their game. I found it interesting how post patch it is much harder to defend the run in some situations, but lowering RBL was not an option as that creates poor angles taken by the pulling guards, etc versus actually legit being beaten across the line.

Fumbles: 49/49
Version 20: Actually had to drop this down because the running backs would cut aross the grain unecessarily at times. They are not avoiding the gap by any means, but they were also trying to get to an OL blocking for them versus going north/south when necesary with it at 50 for some reason.

Pass Defense Reaction Time: 40/40
Version 20: No change here, but I did play around with it A LOT. The most important value with a lower threshold is ensuring that the reaction time is above the interception. This way the first animation triggered is not an interception attemp all the time. It will still happen, but it's much more lessened, and this also allows adequate deflection animations to return.

Interceptions: 35/35
• No change. Dropped this one a bit from 40 because defenders were choosing the intercept animation instead of deflecting passes.

Pass Coverage: 50/50
Version 20: This is the normalized value. I had kept it at 40 and lower for a while, but the lower threshold needs to have a little love to it, but not so much that it is mirroring the routes. I found it interesting that in previous patches this value was reversed, but am finding that it fairly true, but it also does not have as big of an impact this patch update compared to ones before. I believe this is because the zone improvement helps an overall coverage standpoint, but when paired with a higher, sticky, threshold, it makes animations too uniform, which causes the logic of the play to fall by the wayside.

Tackling: 38/38
Version 20: No changes. Still good. The higher tackles brought in solid tackle animations, but it became easily 1v1 drills, and the defender won each time. The under 40 tackle value brings in such better animations from missed tackles, to wrap up tackles, to gangtackling, momentum forward/backward tackles.

[emoji974] Special Teams
*note separate values from User/CPU can be changed in Main Menu, however there is no proof that the values import as separate in a franchise*

FG Power: 55/55
• I've said it before, but I like that "oomph!" in the kick. This not only allows that to happen, but it allows the accuracy value to be modified under 50 as well so there are no random driven soccer kicks into the crossbar.

FG Accuracy: 48/50
• Bumped this up for the CPU because seen 90+ kpw kickers come up well short and bar level, just wasn't realistic. Kept the FG power because still need that oomph.

Punt Power: 48/48
• May have mentioned it before, but this value is super sensitive. There is a 10-yard glitch though that happens when punting into the wind, so just be on the lookout with those. However, I did want less powered punts into the endzone that would get the punter fired on the spot if he did once in a game, let alone the multiple times this game allows it.

Punt Accuracy: 44/44
Version 20 Dropped this one a tad more because way too much perfect punts by both user and CPU. Have to force myself to make a bad punt sometimes. The amount of back bouncing is crazy.

Kickoff Power: 48/48
• Good value here to get the ball struck perfectly through the endzone, or come up short of the goal-line.

[emoji974] Penalties

All Penalties Set to Default 50 or ON
• As I said, I have enjoyed modifying the gameplay by using the power of the penalty sliders with a zero threshold, but that became a bit of a balancing act that got a bit over my head and patience. It skewed feedback because not only was I relying on feedback of the gameplay sliders, I also needed to receive confirmation that the penalty values were also adhered to. This became a sense of second guessing and inconsistency as a result. I believe having these as default are good for the set, but definitely adjust them as you see fit.