View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 02:48 PM   #2
Poke
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: The Defense has to recover 50/50 balls...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
And let me correct myself, these really aren't 50/50 balls. They're really more like 80/20 balls, but really examining the plays and looking at defender reactions I think I know the culprit: its almost as if they aren't aware of the ball if it isn't attached to an offensive player.

They should recover the vast majority of their good defensive plays but they get a block, deflection or a strip and then simply watch as the offensive player goes after it--or worse, the block will go right back into the shooter's hands, or my personal fave: they'll try to pick up the ball--and miss. [emoji849]

Keep in mind this happens both OFFLINE and ONLINE and many of us used to think it was the computer "cheating" but after some research I think its an issue with defenders. The crazy part is that overall defense doesn't have nearly the amount of issues if the players didn't go all catatonic after making a great defensive play.

The sooner this gets addressed the better.
What about the steals issue when the ball is poked loose and the offensive player gets stuck in that darn awful animation before attempting to recover it. This annoys the hell out of me because the defensive players gets a 2-3 second advantage

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk