View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 01:45 PM   #66
tommycoa
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: The Greatest All-Time Rosters Ever

Created playbooks are hard to get into the game because in play now you have to set the playbooks and you’re not letting it go with the controller in the middle. When controller isn’t in the middle the game doesnt play the same in play now. Capa’s had lots of problems with this.

In cfm, the problem is you can only assign the default team specific books this year, not the generics. And you can only assign one team a custom book. For me it’s just easier to adapt those players to current schemes. Really wsn’t a slot we before the 2000s. Halfbacks and fullback usually had those catches. We just have to get those touches to another player. In the old pro style offenses with far/near formations, the halfback would motion out as a wr and leave the fullback as the single back. Sometimes the fullback would shift to the wing and the halfback would be the single back. Lots of shifts back in the day.

Nowadays the slot wr doesnt motion from the backfield. Sometime the slot guy is a TE and this the old fullback position.

It’s basically the same thing today, except teams start out in the spread formation. Used to, they would shift their normal personel into a spread-type formation, albeit under center. A far/near formation would turn into a 3 wide 1 back set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncropper
I made a cursory attempt at creating a '60s style Offensive Playbook but never completed it. I would think that creating individual Decade Oriented Offensive & Defensive Playbooks to share with the community would be something achievable & desirable. However, I for one would need a bit more practice at doing such.

Frank Gifford is a slot guy on my Giants as well (he actually played receiver in his later years for the Giants) ........

Several approaches all make sense to me:
1) This ALL TIME ROSTER
2) Decade specific yearly Team Roster (different seasons/years represented by teams)
3) Decade oriented ALL TIME ROSTER
4) Individual yearly Season Roster (i.e. 1970; 1985; etc.)
5) All Time Team oriented NCAA Roster (Top 30 Teams and/or Regional Teams)

As a United Community these ALL could be brought to Life !

I would think a separate Forum Thread would be needed to maintain an orderly approach for each with one Person as the Lead on each.

This GREATEST ALL-TIME ROSTER (once completed) would be a fabulous boilerplate/base roster to start each of the above mentioned approaches with.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts