View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 06:18 AM   #87
tommycoa
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: The Greatest All-Time Rosters Ever

Just sent a PM to a dude that was on here earlier in the year, his username is apollo1980. He was hired to do rosters for Front Page Sports Football, but the company had problems, and he never got to work with them and they quit making the game. Despite the cancellation of the game, FPS Football is still hailed as one of the best football video games ever. Madden copied a lot of ratings stuff from this game, among other things.this was my first experience with cpu mode because i didnt have a controller and had no other choice. Someone questioned Apollo1980 on here, and he posted an article from one of the old PC game mags where he was interviewed.

I’d say him and playmakers would probably be the ratings czars and Asante the gear czar. I have playmakers email, talk to him once a month or so to see if he’s transferred that all-90s roster—he said he’s shooting for super bowl weekend. He’s mentioned getting a collaboration like this together with all the roster makers.

Don, was it you that mixed Playmakers classic roster and my classic roster together? Maybe it was you that was always looking for it. Mick-something, a ND fan, i think it was him that mixed it. That was a pretty cool experiment.

Ive never been a trucker, but i worked a mail route, i kinda understand the big truck driver’s plight, and doing these rosters is a lot like big truck driving cross country alone, the road really gets to you after a while. And it gets tough to finish and push through. We get a Roster Crew like this going on all the systems, nobody misses out on anything.

One last thing about being able to port rosters next year—
The key to getting things in the game is Twitter and tweeting Clint and having people like the tweets and making comments, but you have to compliment the game, too. Just say one nice thing before you ask or comment.

That injury banner that pops up, that was my suggestion on there. I wishlisted a sideline reporter that’d give updates, but asked for a message to pop up. They gave us the red banner and it was pretty quick, too. The next patch. That tweet got no likes and they still used the idea. That twitter stuff works, even when it doesn’t become popular. They’ve used a couple more suggestions, too. Smaller things.

If it’s a solid idea, and it’s doable, they seem to listen on Twitter. If this got quite a few likes about the porting created rosters from year to year, we might get it in. I simply don’t know the complexity of this on the computer end. Also wish you could share between all platforms. Would love some of the PS4 guys stuff. Only reason i bought an xbox one was because playmakers said he was and i wanted to be able to get his rosters.

Sorry for the length of this. Just kinda excited I won’t be that big truck driver going cross country anymore.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts