View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 03:35 PM   #1
GaloVingador
Pro

OVR: 0
FIFA 19 Short Halves Quasi-Default Sliders

The aim of this set is to try to make the game a little better without trying to reinvent the wheel.

I like how FIFA 19 plays out of the box, very much (on slow, of course). After a few years of playing 9, 10, 15 minute halves, I liked the prospect of playing shorter halves and not having to devote all my video game time to my career mode. And, most of all, I suffered from severe slideritis every single time I decided to go into the "hardcore simulation" path. And the pain is real. It's soooo time consuming. And whenever I got a working set in my hand, I was sick of the game already.

Years of tinkering with sliders made me also realize they tend to introduce a lot of nasty side effects into the game and sometimes turn it into a completely different thing if we get too wild. And I like 19's base gameplay, I said. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

So, my initial intention was to just not touch this sliders thing at all and just enjoy the game for a change. But as I played, I noticed some obvious issues that could get some help from sliders and decided to make some small adjustments:

- CPU's ping pong perfect passing is ridiculous, especially on higher difficulties.

- It's kinda easy to exploit wing play.

- Pace on slow is alright, but it would feel a little more like football if players moved a little bit slower.

So I came to this set:

Half Lenght: 6 minutes
Game Speed: Slow
Default Controller Settings

Sprint Speed: 47/47
Acceleration 50/50
Shot Error: 53/53
Pass Error: 53/53
Shot Speed: 49/49
Pass Speed: 48/48
Injury Frequency: 65/65
Injury Severity: 80/80
GK Ability: 50/50
Run Frequency: 49/49
Marking: 50/50
Line Height: 50/50
Line Lenght: 50/50
Line Width: 51/51
Fullback Positioning: 49/49
Power Bar: 50
First Touch Error: 51/51

Sliders tested playing tournament and manager modes controlling all the team, watching CPU vs CPU and playing The Journey with player lock. Works well with any. If you play on player lock, Legendary difficulty is mandatory, otherwise your AI teammates will play in a level higher than the opposition. AI teammates always play on Legendary, no matter what, at least this was my experience on FIFA 18. It's stupid, but it's how it is.

I thought it would be impossible to tackle CPU's ping-pong passing without drastic changes to pass error and first touch, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that these slight changes have a fair impact already. The difference between 50 and 51 FT is much more perceptible than I thought it would be, there's still some ping-pong, but not nearly as bad. At 52, I started to feel player reactions when receiving the ball becoming kinda delayed already and I didn't want to make it all sluggish.

The small bump in line width makes the wings more covered, so it isn't as easy to launch an uncontested cross. Lower FB positioning also makes them overlap a little less often and forces us to try other options.

Finishing is clearly overpowered. Had to tone it down.

Lower RF, sprint speed and pass speed is also to keep the game contained and more realistic.

Injuries are close to non-existant by default. Increasing frequency alone makes them happen, but they're still too mild, no one would go to the medical department even after some substantial increase in severity. Don't be afraid of 80, it's alright.

Hope this is useful for someone!

Last edited by GaloVingador; 01-29-2019 at 04:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove