View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 07:42 PM   #1
beast10
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
#ALLIN | Cathedral Football : Part IV

It's probably an overwhelming task to try and catch guys up with this as I am now in year 2041. If you're familiar with my Cathedral dynasty, I started it late 2016, had a great time posting it here: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-football.html … then stopped playing video games altogether, came back with a new, short-lived project, then repeated cycle again with https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ll-shrine.html

So yeah, I haven't really made a stable project out of this since the original thread, but nonetheless, I've continued to play-- whether I was posting or not. I am now eager to get it back on the boards, mainly for the immersion factor. I feel the dynasty is now flooded with forgotten legends lol.

Jake Rasmussen (2019-22) was well-documented in my first Cathedral thread, becoming the first true freshman to start at quarterback for the Spartans.

So, a quick run down:
  • First of all, Cathedral is coming off its second consecutive BCS National Title, beating arch-rival Texas, a squad led by two-time Heisman winner Jaireh Augustine, who, as a freshman, was decked in Cathedral blue ... But, we haven't been winning titles left and right, that's only our third in the 27 seasons I've played.
A surname I really want you guys to be familiar with is Nawahine.
  • There's two of them, and both are absolute legends in this gaming world. It was Kila Nawahine (2029-32) who led us to our first BCS title (also over Texas), as a true freshman in 2029. Then, 10 seasons later, Kanoa Nawahine (2039-40), who guided the Spartans to back-to-back title victories in 2039 and 2040.
Both were QB’s coming out of Hawaii, which is why I tagged them as brothers. The only big difference was, Kila was the #1 QB coming out of his class, while Kanoa was a three-star recruit who I added mid-season realizing I needed some QB depth. The rest was history. Kila actually holds the NCAA record for most passing TD’s in career (156), but Kanoa, who jetted for the NFL following his RS-So. campaign, put together a short, decorated career, building a legacy that stands on par with his prolific brother's.
  • And finally, outside of Cathedral, I mentioned Texas a lot in this introduction. This is a legit arch-rival … After Kila beat them for the title in 2029, we didn't win again until 2039, when Kanoa arrived.
The annual rivalry was first introduced as a season opener in 2031, but due to scheduling issues, was moved to a season closer last season, which pit the #1 & #2 teams head to head. We lost before winning the ACC, prompting a rematch against Texas in the BCS title.

Last edited by beast10; 12-28-2018 at 08:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove