Old 01-04-2019, 03:55 PM   #28
skundy
Rookie

skundy's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Skundy's ZeroBased All-Madden Realisim Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
I have the defensive PI slider at 99 and I get about 1-2 a game. I think at some point one of the patches nerfed defensive PI and they toned it WAY down. I used to have this slider around 65-70 and I would get 1-2 a game that way. After one of the patches, I noticed they just stopped happening, so I had to jack it up to 99 to get them start happening again.

They also seem to have removed defensive holding entirely, even with it at 99 it never happens, so I just leave it at 50 default since it doesnt seem to make a difference anyway. I read they removed it because MUT players complained it was too realistic and they like more arcade style football. Not sure if that's true.

I am not a believer that penalty sliders "affect gameplay." I have payed dozens of games with the defenisve PI at 0, at 50, and at 99, and the only thing that changes as far as I can tell is the frequency of the PI penalty animation being triggered. I dont see any difference with 0 vs 99 as far as pass coverage being tighter or looser and/or reactions being faster or slower. To me, penalty sliders affect how often penatlies occur, and nothing else.

I've only had 2 other Def PI calls since that post lol. Haven't seen a def holding call since Sept I think, maybe even August.

I wish they would give us better explanations of the sliders. I know that back in NCAA 14 Def/Off PI would affect the aggressiveness of the DB/WR playing the ball in the air. Doesn't seem to have the same affect in Madden 19. I played several games with Off PI off and didn't notice any difference. was hoping to get my receivers to play a tad bit more aggressive and go after the ball.

-Know yourself-you win 50% of the time.
-Know your opponent-you win 50% of the time.
-Know yourself and your opponent- 100%Pwng
The Art of War- Sun Tzu