View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 06:36 PM   #124
mtmetcalfe
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Top Five Franchise wants for M20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I posted once in this thread, but as I've been diving into other games' franchise modes, my desires have changed a bit.

1. Fog of War. Holy crap - this would add a TON to Madden. Scouting and understanding your opponent is so crucial to football....having this feature alone would taken Madden's franchise mode up 10 notches. Basically, drop NHL's scouting model and fog of war into this game and we're golden.
2. Options/options/options. Give me as much or as little control of every aspect of franchise mode for every team. Easy 32 team control, being able to set CPU playbooks/schemes to custom schemes.
3. Make traits change dynamically based on player ratings. So as players progress/regress, they gain/lose traits. Static traits are a huge problem with this game but making them generated based on ratings would be huge.
4. Get rid of the C in CFM and create a 100% independent online franchise mode. Seriously, I think the biggest issues with offline franchise mode stem from the fact that they try to make the two fit into the same mode. I suspect that many of the restrictions in options (such as being able to assign playbooks to your opponents and so on) are due to the fact that they would be exploitable in online franchise modes.
5. Tout the depth you already have. Madden has more depth than people realize but the game does a crappy job showing it. If you're new to the series, you will have no idea that the awareness of your Center has a profound impact on blitz pickups. The game doesn't show it....there is no screen that provides this information. The game does a poor job of presenting what ratings matter for a player based on position/scheme. I watch a lot of Mills' streams and I am shocked as to how many people ask what I would consider to be pretty basic questions about Madden franchise mode. It's less about hand-holding and more about presenting the information in a more digestable format....that can then immediately spill into more in-depth additions.
So Josh, love your list but curious about the request for separating franchise mode and online franchise. I’ve seen this request by numerous people but wonder what it serves. Can’t you simply just not play online? Some of my inquiry revolves around the fact that I like to play both, by myself and also play franchise with my friends and I’m afraid if there’s an effort to separate the modes, my online franchises may suffer from it.