View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 06:44 PM   #2
Lauriedr1ver
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Questions about: Side Step Evasion/Counte Bonus, Slip Counters, Knee Range, and B

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
I decided to start this thread because of weird things that I've noticed, recorded, and mentioned multiple times, so hopefully a thread can bring it to even more attention. If Geoff Harrower could respond about the following things, this would be greatly appreciated.

Side Step Evasion: IIRC the side step lunges from side to side are supposed to avoid straight strikes, while being susceptible to hooks/rounds strikes. If you hop back, then you can avoid hooks, rounds strikes, etc.

What I've noticed, say players like Persianpimp101, Ricohet90, etc etc can step side to side and still avoid hook damage period, and have an absolutely free counter window to land devastating strikes. I ask: When will this be fixed? I do think that there is no way that the side steps should be avoiding round strikes, that is the penalty to doing so.

Side Step Counter Window: When you successfully side step, you can land at a Minimum a three hit combination or even more. Persianpimp101 does this a lot, he side steps a jab, and seemingly as if on cue he can land 3-4 hit combination from the moment you miss. I doubt this was intentional, is it possible to reduce that window to a maximum of two strikes?

Slip Counters: If you feint a strike, and somebody does an empty slip strike, you experience the stun as if they slipped a strike, even though it was feinted. I assume this is an oversight?

At first I thought I was seeing things, but after trying it in practice mode this seems to be the case.

Blocking: When you're backing away from a knee holding low block, the knee still damages your block despite making no physical contact. Same with three hit moving forward combos that don't have a pause, the third strike will still hit the block despite not making physical contact.
Responding to the bolded

Is it both hooks or just opposite to the way you are avoiding. For example left hook and the guy lunge to his left? If so he is literally moving the opposite way from the punch and is avoiding it correctly.

If you feint a strike are you return to block? Because if you arent your still in the same place you would be if you through the punch and the stun is justified. I think it should be based upon what you are doing.