View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 02:09 PM   #1
countryboy
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
The Beauty of the Carryover Save Feature

Ok...I'm sitting here bored at work because our sales software has crashed, so there is nothing to do for the next hour or so while they work to get things back up and running.

And while sitting here I was thinking about my franchise in the Show and started thinking about the standings and playoff contenders and just how "different" my virtual baseball world is from that of its real life counterpart.

I am currently in year 2021 using the carryover save feature. I started this franchise in 2016. (I had one from 2014 when this feature was introduced but it somehow became corrupted and I had to start over) So this marks my 6th season of my baseball universe and its been fun thinking/looking back at some of the things that have happened over the course of those 5 previous years. Where free agents landed, trades that were made, one time doormats (A's, Tigers, Marlins) dominating their respective division, the dynasty of the Dodgers who won 4 straight World Series titles, and everything in between.

I started thinking about my own roster and how I had a vision for what I wanted and for the most part of stayed within it, not straying too far off the path. I've been to the playoffs 5 straight years, but have not gotten to the World Series. In fact, my playoff run has gotten shorter as I went to the NLCS is 2016 and 2017 and have been eliminated prior since then.

I've watched players who have deceased in real life (Yordano Ventura and Jose Fernandez) have pretty stellar careers. I've watched stars retire (A-Rod, Pujols, Ichiro, etc) and get into the Hall of Fame. I've watched draft picks evolve into some of the best players in the game.

I've watched as trades I thought at one time were boneheaded or stupid, pan out over the course of time. I've seen sure fire free agent signings back fire. I've seen teams fill out the roster with journeymen/role players, who were vital in a teams success and playoff run, and even championships.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Carryover Save feature is by far my favorite feature to this series. I hope and pray that it never disappears as I've become so heavily invested in my franchise and team, that I don't want to, and don't think I could, start over.

For those that have utilized this feature over the years, share your stories. Tell us what is happening in your virtual universe.

Thanks for reading the ramblings of a man bored at work, who just wants to go home and play the Show.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove